Shinra Company trademark filed by Square Enix in Japan

Wednesday, 19th February 2014 20:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Square Enix has filed a trademark for Final Fantasy 7’s Shinra Company in Japan. Those who have played FF7 will recognize the fictional firm as the electric power company with a space division and the elite SOLDIER group. Members of the Shinra Company also popped up in Advent Children. The trademark was registered for use with video games. We’ll send a mail. Thanks, Siliconera.

1. jmg24bad

Final fantasy 7 ?

#1 5 months ago
  2. Djoenz

Wasnt Shinra company from FF7?

#2 5 months ago
  3. absolutezero

GWA HA HA HA HA

KYA HA HA HA HA

#3 5 months ago
  4. Sonyfanboy1987

FF8 really?

#4 5 months ago
  5. Djoenz

On topic though wtf are they planning with their property. God Im really starting to despise SE..they truly have become a shell compared to the glorious old days…

#5 5 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@all give me a break will ya? I have a hard enough time seeing my hand in front of my face today, let alone the ability to discern roman numerals without the FF collective bringing torches to my door and a battering ram.

/laughs

/ducks as rotten fruit is thrown her way

#6 5 months ago
  7. salarta

I’m assuming this is more a move to ensure people don’t make anything that involves the concept of Shinra as established by FF7. We already know they’re ludicrously restrictive against fan work, there’s a good chance they’re securing it as an extension of their work of shutting down free Chrono Trigger fan games and live action fan films. Can’t have the fans making things for free and of much better quality than Squeenix could ever hope to offer!

@Stephany Nunneley Joke’s on you, I’m throwing a pie!

#7 5 months ago
  8. NinjaMidget

You deserve a handshake for that one!

#8 5 months ago
  9. DeVitowned

Why would anyone want them to remake Final Fantasy VII? It’s a great game and all (not my favorite of the franchise), but wouldn’t you guys rather have a new game in the franchise and not risk ruining a classic?

#9 5 months ago