Titanfall to launch with 14 maps, splitscreen mode – rumour

Monday, 17th February 2014 02:46 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Titanfall beta participants have been poking around in the test client’s code, and have discovered some interesting details.

titanfall

According to data from various sources gathered by Ausgamers, Titanfall will feature 14 maps with the following names:

• Angel City (beta map)
  • Rise
  • Smugglers Cove
  • Overlook
  • Nexus
  • O2
  • Training Ground

The code also yielded multiple references to a splitscreen mode.

This information can’t be treated as gospel; even if we could authenticate the source, the beta code may contain references to future or cancelled features.

Titanfall arrives on PC and Xbox One in mid-March, and comes to Xbox 360 a few weeks afterward.

The beta is currently open to all comers on PC and Xbox One, so give it a go – and enter our competition to win a collector’s edition of Titanfall.

1. The_Red

Wow…. splitscreen? Ok, you have my ears.
    While most players will scuff at the very idea of split-screen (They’ll probably say” What is this, 1999? Or are still playing on PS2?”) it may actually be the one reason that interests people like me (Even if it is a minority).

#1 2 months ago
  2. mistermogul

Is VG247 sponsored by this game?

Feels like lots of hype around here!

#2 2 months ago
  3. Hcw87

Also a lot of tears it seems. It’s a good game deserving of its hype, deal with it.

#3 2 months ago
  4. CyberMarco

@Hcw87 lol, sure!

#4 2 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Care to prove me otherwise? Unless you’ve been living under a rock, or just don’t care to admit it because you don’t own an XB1/Gaming PC, then you’ll allready know the general reception has been positive for this game.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

@mistermogul Non-sense in regards to VG247 sponsorship. The hype? Depending where you go it has either been overblown according to some, just COD with mechs and anything else negative (mediocre, too casual etc.)

The game is still fun but many have noted it is indeed overhyped.

#6 2 months ago
  7. macronia

14 map is a small number . it is a multiplayer ONLY game after all

#7 2 months ago
  8. CyberMarco

@Hcw87

“I’m such butthurt that I don’t own an Xbone” Yeah I played the Beta on PC, big deal.

It doesn’t deserve it’s hype, at least not that much! It’s way too dumped down to get easy kills from the A.I.

Personally it would be better if the A.I. wasn’t there at all. When you bump into a mob of bots you are not sure if there is a player among them and by the time you keep looking for him you are dead.

It’s a fun game, but nothing revolutionary as many people claim it to be.

#8 2 months ago
  9. Ireland Michael

@mistermogul It’s a popular upcoming game. Popular upcoming games are going to get more news, simply because it’s what most people are going to be searching for information on. it has absolutely nothing to do with sponsorship.

#9 2 months ago
  10. harr0w

Its a lot of fun to play. The AI needs some serious juice though. Not a perk in sight thank fuck. Looks are nice considering how old Source is.
    Will I be buying it I’m not sure mandatory origin mehhhh

#10 2 months ago
  11. Marvin the Paranoid Android

The Beta is currently open on Xbox One, but not on PC.

#11 2 months ago
  12. fu11meta1

Honestly, this game looks ridiculously fun. I’ve heard nothing but positivity about this game- from friends and websites. Added with split-screen(which shouldn’t die out), it just seems like it’ll be a success. I don’t understand a lot of people’s problems with it.

#12 2 months ago