Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 video shows how to use the Chaos Claws

Thursday, 13th February 2014 14:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 has a new video showing off the Chaos Claws weapon. It’s below. Don’t forget, there’s a demo available for the game on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 releases on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 25 in North America and on February 28 in Europe.

1. Mike W

Can’t wait for this game man, the sad yet pitiful community over on N4G are in an uproar because Edge gave this game a 4 out of 10.

Which is a joke, which is more proof why game journalist’s opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Edo

@Mike W
    Game Informer gave it a 6/10 which by their standards is actually around 4/10.

#2 7 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

Man, I was so ready to getting this game, thank god I played the demo before that.

What a beautiful game ruined by brain-dead decisions.

They learned absolutely nothing from the criticism of the first game. The first one already had some of the worst handholding I’ve ever seen and the demo took it to another level.

Like it’s predecessor, this game will pan out every time you enter an area and show you, for up to 10 seconds or more where you have to climb and which objects you need to activate.
    It makes no sense whatsoever, since the combat itself is quite challenging and doesn’t hold your hand at all.

A scene from the demo:

See those 3 golden, bright things that you can’t miss because our color palette is a little bit limited? Look at them! INDIVIDUALLY! Now let me show you the three plates again in one picture. No, we’re not done yet, keep looking for another 2-4 seconds. No, you can’t skip this, but you can skip the cinematics!

Okay, now keep climbing, you’re entering a new area, let me show it to you for 5 seconds. You probably missed the new three golden things on the ground, which are totally not like the other golden things you saw a few minutes ago, so let me show you each one individually, pan out and hold for a few seconds.

It’s like a friend tells me to come over to play his new game and he rips the controller out of my hands every damn second while I’m trying to play it.

It’s not fun, not at all. I don’t know who’s responsible for this, but this person is the reason I’m not getting this game. Thank you, you idiot, you ruined a potentially great game.

You thought it was tedious and boring to read this? You’ve no idea what’s it like in the game.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Edo

@YoungZer0
    Actually I do and besides the gfx(game looks fantastic on PC )and improved camera I disliked pretty much everything:
    - You can’t see what’s your enemies are going to do from all the effects your weapons are making
    - Climbing felt even worse than the first time around(also what’s with the bats?!?It’s this an Arkham series game!!?)
    -Combat feels the same like in the first game(different weapons but no new moves)

#4 7 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

@Edo

Yeah, it seems with all the camera panning and control stealing, they forgot to make the combat more enjoyable. For example, every time an enemy knocks me to the ground, he’ll immediately attack me afterwards, the only way to avoid that, is to press the jump button right after you fall to the ground.

How stupid is that? That will make every encounter just more tedious.

#5 7 months ago
  6. zoopdeloop

gameplay is solid,challenging and a lot of fun except in a few areas which stealth mechanics apply (they feel out of place and totally broken)
    while the story part,cutscenes etc are a downgrade to the previous,(a lot of cheesiness in there)

this is what i gather from GameInformer’s review along with a friend of mine which played the review copy.
    Decent game but with some major flaws

#6 7 months ago
  7. Sublimeone

@YoungZer0

I totally concur with your statement about CLOS 1. The hand holding was atrocious, it is if as though the devs were marketing to babies – Look here; do this; but not until you do this; etc.

At one point I was almost insulted, the stage – Pan’s Temple when you come across the enhancement, I think the Brotherhood Ark, and that notification message pops up stating “You cannot reach this… Come back later”. Really?? I mean come on, then there was the hiding of the gems and what not off screen. Who does that? You have to be hugging the walls to find majority of those things, since that was one of the earlier stages it put a clear picture of what was to be expected from continuing the game.

I would say even Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is a much better game overall than Lord of Shadows. I love that game, props to Michiru Yamane for making an eXcellent score.

Seeing the last E3demo footage clearly showed it was pretty much as its predecessor, which pretty much meant I was going to avoid the title.

#7 7 months ago