WildStar video contains the promise of many adventures, a maniacal Caretaker

Tuesday, 11th February 2014 16:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

WildStar is coming, and to give you an idea of what to expect in the MMO from Carbine Studios, a new video has been released. Prepare yourselves for the adventure below. WildStar launches during the first-half of 2014.

1. Gheritt White

You know what one of the *main* things I like about videogames is?

Finishing them and starting a new one.

#1 2 months ago
  2. TheWulf

I love the aesthetics of this one, and… now they’re telling me that it has GW2-style co op missions? Oh, if it weren’t for the subscription, I’d actually try this one. Maybe down the line, when it inevitably goes free to play.

Still, the addition of co-op missions means that this is the only one I’d even remotely consider aside from Everquest Next.

And I do love the Ratchet & Clank aesthetics.

The subscription just stands between it and I, though, as something that I don’t want to get entangled in. A subscription, to me, feels like a prescription to an addictive drug. Don’t want. “Have to get my money’s worth!” No thanks.

Shame, really. This looks so promising.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Hcw87

Don’t bother, it has 40man raids, huge outdoor bosses, levels, tiered loot, attunements for raids (you have to actually work towards getting access to harder content).

Oh the horror you say.

Thank god finally i say. A return to the roots of oldschool mmo’s. And subscription-based MMO’s are FAR better than F2P microtrancation bullshit.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Darkfield

@TheWulf Well I’m sure you have to wait for a long long time for that so-called inevitable free to play thingy. It’s by far the most interesting MMO since WoW and they catch is it has many people from WoW dev team on board. It’s a true hardcore MMORPG in development and I’m pretty sure even though it has many appealing charms for the casual crowd in the core it is tailored to suit the hardcore crowd. It has all the fine makings of a great game and challenging yet fun MMO title, something you’d surely steer clear of.

Also they went on a path like EVE’s with payment options, you can buy gametime using the in-game currency, so, by the time it would inevitably go free to play it’d be 2025 or something close to that.

@Wcw87 Couldn’t agree more.

#4 2 months ago
  5. Darkfield

@Hcw87 sorry for the typo in your name buddy. :<

The lackluster of an edit button is taking its toll on me.

#5 2 months ago