Sony – 48% of PS Vita game sales are digital

Tuesday, 11th February 2014 16:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has revealed to IGN that of the nearly 1,000 games available for PlayStation Vita, 48% of game sales for the handheld are digital. During a meeting at Sony Santa Monica Studios, the firm added that one-in-three Vita owners also purchased a PlayStation 4, and 250,000 of those have tried out Remote Play. Of the games that use the Remote Play features, are Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, NBA 2K14, and Don’t Starve were the games users tried the feature on the most. Thanks, GI International.

1. thegrimmling

Iown 37 vita games (so far) and 100% digital purchases. Things tend to be cheaper via PSN.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dragon

Expected. Most of my purchases are digital. I own 60+ Vita games, and only 2 are retail copies.
    Part of the reason why I feel Vita is profitable for Sony despite low hardware sales, since software sales are good.

#2 9 months ago
  3. nea

It’s the same here. I have 4 retails and.. I don’t count anymore digitals, from PSN+ and directly bought from the shop. Probably a relation from 1:10, at least.

I find it more easy, simpler to also quickly switch between games. I like the digital approach. If there wasn’t this…. odd… own… psvita… memory card… *grmbl*

#3 9 months ago
  4. Obernox

I will always perfer physical or digital, but goddamn the PSN has been throwing some good deals my way recently…. My poor 16GB memory card can’t take it :(

#4 9 months ago
  5. CycloneFox

I still try to buy as much games as possible physically, because I like to have a package in my shelf and there is the problem with expensive/rare memory cards for the Vita, but also importing is a factor for buying a physical copy. When I imported Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, the physical copy was the best choice, as that was the only option to play and earn trophys for my EU account with it.
    But with so many sales and PS Plus discounts/insta game collection, etc. it’s hard not to buy most games digitally. Also alot of games like the Atelier games and indi games are only available digitally.

#5 8 months ago
  6. thegrimmling

The Vita is doing what the PSPgo failed at…. transition us over to mostly digital releases.

Also, in a way, the digital titles ARE still physical media seeing you have the memory cards they are saved on…lol

#6 8 months ago