EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha accessible to Founder’s Pack purchasers today

Friday, 31st January 2014 19:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EverQuest Next Landmark goes into Alpha starting today with Founder’s Pack purchasers able to access the tester. Those who purchased the pack at either Explorer or Trailblazer level can dive right in, providing their system meets the updated system requirements. RPS as well as Shacknews and TenTonHammer have played around in it. You can read each site’s respective thoughts on it through the links. Everquest Next will be released on both PC and PlayStation 4 at some point.

1. Luciferous

I’ll be honest, i caved and got the Explorer Pack, the price was what i would have paid for the game if it hadn’t been F2P on launch, this way i get to help iron out the wrinkles.

#1 11 months ago
  2. deathm00n

@Luciferous Do you know if you can give us a little preview of it? If so, please do. I’ve followed the creation of this voxel/creation engine since the beginning, the site of the guy is http://procworld.blogspot.com.br/

#2 11 months ago
  3. dkpunk

Well i’m bought the Explorer Pack just to get into this. Excited to play a new EQ! Been a long time.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Luciferous

@deathm00n They haven’t opened up yet, plus I’m still waiting on an access code. But I believe there is a strong NDA covering it, I plan on reading it fully so I know what i can and can’t reveal.

#4 11 months ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

Blink and you’ll have missed it! The EQN: Landmark NDA that is, as SOE’s John Smedley http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/01/eqn-landmark-lifts-alpha-nda/ took to Twitter to announce that the gags are removed, and participants can talk about and stream their experiences with the game.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Luciferous

What i managed to play before the server melt down wasn’t too shabby for day one of Alpha. i only managed to upgrade my tools a bit and do some exploring to see what others had already built.

So far constructions seem limited to little factories to house the various work benches. Once the servers are up and running I think I’ll do some streaming

#6 11 months ago