Battlefield 4 received a new patch on PS4 yesterday, and a note from DICE confirms that the update will help prepare the game for the “upcoming” launch of DLC pack Second Assault.
It follows this list of incoming Battlefield 4 gun balancing updates coming from DICE soon.
In a Battlelog post, one DICE developer wrote, “This update is mainly designed to prepare the game for the upcoming release of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 Second Assault. We will announce the release date for this expansion pack later.
As yet, the Second Assault DLC pack has not been dated, but rumours persist that it’s coming late February. Take the above quote as you will.
Here are the PS4 patch notes in full:
Jan 30 PS4 Game Update Notes
DMR Balance Tweaks
- -Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.
- -Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game
- -Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
- -Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
- -Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the “Win/Lose” text was overlapping
- -Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
- -Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
- -Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
- -Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering “false” or “true” in the chat window
- -Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
- -Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
- -Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
- -Various minor crash fixes