Grand Theft Auto 5 PC pre-orders start Friday, according to Norwegian retailer – rumor

Wednesday, 29th January 2014 17:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Grand Theft Auto 5 PC rumors have resurfaced today, with Norwiegian retailer Elkjøp – known outside the region as Elgiganten – stating it will start accepting pre-orders for the title come Friday.

gta5new012914

Owned by UK-based Dixons Retail, a store manager at one of the consumer electronics chain’s locations confirmed the pre-order plan to Gamereactor.

Rockstar has yet to announce a PC version of the title, but that didn’t stop Amazon Germany or Amazon France from listing the product, nor a supposed 170 page bug report surfacing.

If the Elgiganten store manager is correct, expect Rockstar to make an announcement in due course. Until then, keep this filed away has yet another rumor.

1. Pytox

it will come somehow

#1 9 months ago
  2. kyrvg

You’ve been able to pre-order it for a very long time here in Belgium =P

#2 9 months ago
  3. X14EVR

can you even pre order a torrent?

#3 9 months ago
  4. thegrimmling

@X14EVR A torrent for a game like this would be crippling due to future patches and the multilayer.

If it was like, 7-8 years from now, post patching and multilayer support, a torrent could provide a decent experience, but right now it is plain stupid.

Also, stealing is wrong….M’kay!

#4 9 months ago
  5. TERMINATOR-SSD

i would not trust Dixons Retail for gaming, They cant even get copies of KillZone for the PS4 or hardly any games. In fact they dont really do games anymore so i would not trust them for gaming.

it will come…..one day

#5 9 months ago
  6. bFe

Well you by any means believe that this is true.

#6 9 months ago
  7. bFe

@bFe Well you by any means can’t believe that this is true.
    Elkjøp has many games on their site in the past that never came out on PC, so this is typical of them. *

#7 9 months ago
  8. CrampedStyle101

anyone ever tried playing a GTA game with mouse and keyboard?

#8 9 months ago
  9. Kieran

I hope it comes to ps4 absolutely loved it !!! But id say will sometime down the line heres hoping it will be soon rather than later !!!!!

#9 9 months ago
  10. CPC_RedDawn

As long as its not a shit storm of unoptimized bullshit that was GTAIV on PC then I shall get this.

I simply don’t care only if I can max it out at 1080p and get 30fps minimum I shall be a happy gamer. Seeing this how it was MEANT to look will be great, just going to wait for reviews and people’s handson before I buy it.

#10 9 months ago
  11. Panthro

@CrampedStyle101

Yeah I have every GTA available on PC on Steam.

They play pretty well just like any other third person shooter; I actually like the controls more than a gamepad which I always have available incase I need it, people like to overexaggerate that driving games shouldn’t be played on keyboard but I never ran into any issues where I thought ‘better plug in the 360 pad’.

#11 9 months ago
  12. RocknRolla

@thegrimmling People that call “torrent downloading” stealing are plain stupid.. nothing against you man, because you might have been sarcastic there :) But downloading something digital and comparing it to stealing something physical is just dumb.. and no it is not like going to the store and putting something inside your jacket…. I download stuff I try it out and play it until I am tired of it, and then I delete it instead of reproducing it…

#12 9 months ago