Demon Gaze, one of two new Vita titles NIS America promised us last year, is really, truly happening – and here’s a release date to prove it.
Gematsu reports the publisher has slapped an April 22 North American release date down, and nominated April 25 for European launch, for both digital and retail.
There’ll be a premium edition with a “Mercenary’s Guide to Misrid,” official soundtrack CD and premium packaging for excited punters.
Everything I know about Demon Gaze can be boiled down to “it’s not DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc”, so here’s a fact sheet from NIS, which is understandably better informed on this subject:
About: Oz awakens to find himself in Misrid—a cursed land at the world’s western frontier—with a dark shroud covering his memories of the past. The land before him contains many labyrinths that hold both treasure and danger in equal volumes. Without knowing where else to go or what else to do, Oz decides to take up arms in order to hunt down artifacts and eke out a living in this world that feels so new to him. One day, he will have to face his past, but until then, he has no choice but to trust those around him, and in his newfound abilities as a “Demon Gazer”…
- Dungeon RPG progress system: Conquer locations within dungeons to access better items and to draw out the boss
- HD character and monster illustrations: Experience highly detailed and illustrated art like you’ve never seen before on the PS Vita’s OLED screen
- Customizable party creation: Choose from over 40 different character portraits, 5 different races, and 8 different classes to create your ideal adventuring party and delve fearlessly into various beautiful 3D dungeons
- Subclass flexibility: Utilize special items to gain skills from several other character classes to maximize your characters’ battle potential and survivability
- Touchscreen quicktravel: Employ the use of the PS Vita’s touch screen to quickly navigate your character through previously explored areas within dungeons