Independent Games Festival organizers haven announced the winners of its 12th annual Student Showcase, selecting eight winners out of 346 entrants.
The winners along with the universities represented are below:
- Cyber Heist: Hack n’ Hide, University of Utah
- Engare: Mahdi Bahrami and Moslem Rasouli, NHTV University of Applied Science
- Foiled: Unblanched Peanuts, NYU
- Museum of Simulation Technology: Albert Shih, Carnegie Mellon University, Entertainment Technology Center
- Risk of Rain: Hopoo Games, University of Washington
- Rhythm Doctor: Hafiz Azman and Winston Lee, University of Cambridge
- Symmetrain: Philipp Beau and Daniel Goffin, University of Amsterdam / University Kassel
- Westerado: OstrichBanditos, HKU
Honorable mentions: Bokida, Flying Fish, Ladylike, Rabbit Rush and UNEP.
The Independent Games Festival is held as part of GDC, and the award ceremony immediately precedes the GDC Awards event.
GDC 2014 takes place in San Francisco March 17-21.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.