Deep Down video provides a short look at the PlayStation 4 exclusive

Tuesday, 21st January 2014 17:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deep Down has a new video available posted by Sony Japan, and it provides the viewer with a short look at the PlayStation 4 exclusive. It’s below. The dungeon crawler has players exploring dangerous, self-generating places after artifacts containing memories are obtained. Currently, there isn’t a release date set for the game, but back in September, Yoshinori Ono said the game and a beta would be released “soon” after PS4′s release in Japan.

1. Xbone

You know… these chest mimics… im fuking tired of it. In dark souls, I almost shit my pants in sen fortress but it seems that now a lot of game has this enemy. Neverwinter for example. Just stop. Do something original.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Erthazus

This looks like an ugly current gen game or just an ugly game.

at Sony’s Press conference we saw this: http://cdn.playstationgang.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Deep-Down_2013_02-20-13_002.jpg
    so where is it? Or Capcom lied?

#2 6 months ago
  3. SlayerGT

Looks really neat. Worried of course about its free to play bullshit that’s sure to be ruin the experience..

#3 6 months ago
  4. Spider Law

yeah, doesnt look new

#4 6 months ago
  5. Moonwalker1982

@2 it clearly was quite fake yeah. I remember the part last February when it looked like gameplay, but clearly wasn’t at all.

#5 6 months ago
  6. soqquatto

I get that someone here doesn’t know that chest mimics are a staple in fantasy games. they even were in classic D&D some 35 years ago.

#6 6 months ago
  7. DeVitowned

@ soqquatto
    Most of them weren’t even alive 35 years ago. For many, the only things in existence only came about when everyone could afford the internet.

#7 6 months ago
  8. jomac3db

Mock my words. This game will be amazing

#8 6 months ago
  9. Tormenter

“MARK my words”

……Sz.. ocd kicking in again.

#9 6 months ago
  10. revolting

Don’t worry, soqquatto. I thought the same when I read xbone’s comment. Some of us are old enough to appreciate the irony of his statement, that Mimic chests have been present in DnD, which Neverwinter is based on, since the original Monster Manual was published in 1977.

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to this immensely. I’m not going to mock jomac3db’s words (oh, wait, I just did) but I too suspect this is going to be pretty damned delightful.

#10 6 months ago
  11. jomac3db

Give it a chance guys. It’s made by capcom of course it’s a good chance it might suck like re6 but it may also be as good as re5

#11 6 months ago
  12. _LarZen_

I hope this wont be total piss because of the micro transactions.

#12 6 months ago
  13. Riseer

@2 if you thought that was going to be the game in realtime you are a fool.Companies do this all the time,they show a mockup of a game title that looks too good to be true and disappoint when the game launches.I still think the game looks good i just don’t know about the gameplay.Unlike most people gameplay for is the selling point while graphics are a bonus.That said i like my games to run at a good frame rate…which is one reason i bought a Ps4 over a Xbone.

#13 6 months ago