Senran Kagura Burst dated for European 3DS eShop & retailers

Thursday, 16th January 2014 11:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Senran Kagura publisher MarvelousAQL has confirmed the 3DS brawler’s European street date, following the collection’s launch in North American last November.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, MarvelousAQL Europe confirmed that Senran Kagura Burst will hit the 3DS eShop on February 27, followed by a boxed release on February 28.

It’s a bizarre series that sees ten high school girls trained as ninjas facing off against rival clans. Senrang Kagura Burst features the first two games in the series, which are scrolling brawlers. The marquee feature is that your chosen girl’s clothes get ripped off as they take damage. The Japanese version is said to include mini-games involving 3D breasts, but we’re yet to see if they’ve made the leap west.

Stay tuned for that one.

1. ShiiRo

“Just yesterday I sent a batch of questions over to the game’s producer Kenichiro Takaki to get this thoughts on the game’s sexualisation, potential cultural issues and more. I’m keen to see what he comes back with.”

Oh boy, I hope he does. His honesty is quite refreshing when many developers that sexualize characters will try to pretend it’s not what they’re doing. He’s quite clearly a guy that just likes to design games where characters have large breasts and that’s that. Much in the same way as other developers like to make games where the primary focus is murder characters in large quantities. Oddly, the game with large breasts is the controversial one to many.

#1 12 months ago
  2. absolutezero

Takaki is a Goddamn hero and is one of the main reasons I will be picking this up as fast as I can.

In fact I’ve already pre-ordered the boxed copy.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Erthazus

Not sure this is the right thing because this is not “sexualisation”. This is a humor at best.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 Right…

#4 12 months ago
  5. absolutezero

I’m quite sure that the entire Kagura team are aware of the ludicrous nature of the entire series, I just don’t think they care. They seem to genuinely love what they do.

Remember kids : “Tits are life, ass is hometown.”

#5 12 months ago
  6. Erthazus

@4, I’m sure that people who play this game acknowledge the games for having gleeful levels of fanservice that is silly and over the top from the very beggining. If anything, the series has a comedic cast of characters with an edge of seriousness due to the ninja motif.

this is just a Japanese humor for it’s audience. Not much else to say really. It’s over the top with tits, bikini’s and ninja girls.

#6 12 months ago
  7. dizzygear

@4 Right indeed. Did you even play the game? The Senran Kagura games are gleefully aware of themselves on how over the top it all is.

Why are you beating on this dead horse called sexualisation of woman in gaming instead of sending him questions about the GAMES? like i’d expect from about site about GAMES.
    Questions about the upcoming sequels, gameplay, release dates, etc. But no instead you pull a Kotaku.

I’m kinda disappointed in VG24/7 right now.

#7 12 months ago
  8. crackdude

Just logged in for the first time in months to say that I agree with dizzygear.

No, I will not “stay tuned” for that one… I don’t get whats wrong with enjoying tits and ass. Is suddenly everyone in the games industry gay or something?

#8 12 months ago
  9. dizzygear

@8 “Is suddenly everyone in the games industry gay or something?”

More like the modern gaming press cant help but to crowbar their personal believes and politics into their articles and reviews instead of staying objective like the pro’s of the good old days.

Eurogamer took it so far with their Dragons Crown review i tossed them out of my bookmarks.

#9 11 months ago
  10. ShiiRo

It’s gotten even worse lately. USgamer recently wrote ran article in which the writer claimed there was an implied rape scene in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Of course this journalist was the only one that actually saw it that away (it was really just a scene with Dracula drinking blood from a family). But that didn’t matter and she took it as far as to ask Konami to remove it from the game. So, we’ve now moved into an area where journalists are asking for censorship when a game does something that makes them uncomfortable.

That’s why it was so great to see Dragon’s Crown turn into a huge success. You could tell many journalists were hoping that it would tank. Instead it ended up being the best selling game Vanillaware has ever developed as well as one of Atlus’ best sellers. All the negative press around it ended up backfiring in a big way.

#10 11 months ago
  11. dizzygear

@10 I hope Konami just ignores the idiot instead of caving in to this idiocy.
    I bought Dragons Crown and Killer is Dead purely out of spite against the IM OFFENDED AND SO SHOULD YOU types like polygon, kotaku, etc

I’m glad i did since their both good games IMO.

#11 11 months ago