Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes – Kojima posts Xbox One second-screen photo

Thursday, 16th January 2014 08:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will allow players to display the game’s map on their smartphone. Director Hideo Kojima has posted a photo of the function on Twitter.

Kojima’s been tweeting out a few Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes PS4 images this week. Hit the link to see images of the game and PS Vita remote play.

Here’s the Xbox One second screen photo:

Here’s another of Kojima running the game’s SmartGlass functions on a Sony tablet:

As you can see, players can display the game’s map on their phone. Also note the Xbox One controller.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes drops in March for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

1. melonbuster1

Wow some xbox1 love

#1 8 months ago
  2. Tormenter

PS4 streams games, Xbox180 streams maps.

Is there really a question as to which is the best machine? Given everything up to now, it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

Should be fun to watch MS fans justify this as a much needed feature and every bit as useful as actual game streaming.

#2 8 months ago
  3. melonbuster1

@2 stream a game to your phone or buy a 200.00 piss poor handheld to play games while your in the same room with the system on.. sounds like a wiiu if you ask me.. I don’t care for that feature I have a ps4 and a vita too

#3 8 months ago
  4. Tormenter

It’s NOT the full game.. it’s only capable streaming certain pre-determined features of the game, i.e the game’s map.

If it was capable of streaming the whole game, do you honestly think the lead would be “Oh look it’s streaming a map.”

#4 8 months ago
  5. melonbuster1

@4 look I guess you can’t read.. I know you can only stream maps to the xbox1. . I said for the dummies who don’t understand. . I have a phone already I can download a free app to look at maps or whatever they want to give. I don’t have to buy a vita to stream a game I have in a system that is on and I’m playing in front of it like the wiiu which I have as well.. Sorry if you only have a ps4.. I have everything so I’m talking from a rich man’s prospective

#5 8 months ago
  6. Tormenter

I said for the dummies who don’t understand..

No.. you said… “stream a game to your phone or buy a 200.00 piss poor handheld to play games while your in the same room with the system on.. sounds like a wiiu if you ask me.. I don’t care for that feature I have a ps4 and a vita too”… THAT!

Had you made your second post first.. You know the one that actually said something as opposed to your first then we wouldn’t be having this conversion..

Maybe I should be writing a disclaimer, something about dummies not being able to form a cohesive thought.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Zackslacky

The vita is an awesome bit of tech and here where I live where everyone has 100mb+ net it can be used anywhere? Microsoft dropped the ball on not allowing remote play. It displays a map…wow next gen right there. Ps3 was letting you use psp as mirror like what 6 years ago? See also some people have familys and their spouses watch soaps…so been able to continue your game is pretty handy. When vita tv comes out my second tv will get some use.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Tormenter

@7 agreed

Coupled with a PS4 the vita looks to have a pretty awesome feature set.. however without a PS4.. I really don’t like that it’s DL only. Meh… no-one call me a fuddy-duddy.

#8 8 months ago
  9. Clupula

Children, I am going to turn this car around if you don’t stop fighting and then NOBODY is getting ice cream!

#9 8 months ago
  10. Delsin Row

playing metal gear on microsoft console is ridiciolus.we all known that metal gear franchise is evolve with playstation consloes.
    so micro fan enjoy of this game.i know most of you would”nt know anything about this franchice.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Ireland Michael

@9 Good luck with that. I doubt it will work. =P

Every chance to insult the “competition” I guess.

You are not your fucking console. Stop taking shit so personally people.

#11 8 months ago
  12. locus2k1

If I remember correctly, there is an option when you connect your vita to the ps4 to either use it for streaming or as a second screen… so theoretically this option should be available to PS4/Vita owners too?

Can’t wait for March though, both Titanfall and Metal Gear = woop!

#12 8 months ago
  13. Delsin Row

12@ you could do that my friend.
    but dude,dont you wait for infamous:second son? it”s an awesome game.you really should try it my friend.
    but i think you are an micro fan :D

#13 8 months ago
  14. locus2k1

@13 *Checks Pre-order list* You’re right, Infamous too! March is going to be busy :)

EDIT: And Dark Souls 2…. OK, I need to go book some time off lol

EDIT #2: Titanfall for XBox One and MG for PS4, I did a lot of overtime last year to be able to buy both

#14 8 months ago
  15. Tormenter

Had the situation been reversed I’d have mentioned Sony fans.. I don’t have a vested interest in the console war never having owned one.

Personally I thought it wss pretty much a foregone conclusion, people defending their console of choice in face of such lack of features relative to the market.. and yep, I would have a laugh at someone who attempted to make the excuses I mentioned.

Anyway I want that Ice cream, so I’ll be a good boy now.

#15 8 months ago
  16. Delsin Row

14@ thats good too have both consoles.congrats my friends.
    i really dont like titanfall but for quantom break i will definetly buy an xbox one.
    edit:i forgot to mention dark souls2 :D
    but in my heart,infamous: second son has a really special place

#16 8 months ago
  17. Major Mayhem 70

If you can afford it, you can’t go wrong by buying both consoles. I call it “covering your bases”.

#17 8 months ago
  18. Ilovesony

@9 i have been good… I have been back here sitting quietly.. May I still have some Ice cream?

#18 8 months ago
  19. Moonwalker1982

Hey Delsin, first learn some English, ok? I hate folks like you who talk such gibberish. Micro fans? Really? I’ve had a Gameboy, Snes, N64,PS,Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, 360 and Wii U. Yeah i think i know damn well about Metal Gear Solid. And that nonsense about the game belonging to PS systems….who gives a damn about that?

And Tormenter, i disagree. It is far too early to tell which system is the better. I highly prefer the Xbox One and it will be my main console, later i will buy the PS4. Atm the PS4 does nothing for me. Streaming? Oh ok…going back to the games i have already finished and probably having to pay for them again? No thanks. That in my book really doesn’t make it the better system at all.

#19 8 months ago
  20. Lloytron

The platform I bought is better than the platform you bought wahhhh *cries secretly*.

Do people still give a monkeys about such things?

#20 8 months ago
  21. Moonwalker1982

Exactly man. And it’s not like these big companies give a rat’s ass about people defending their console. As long as you buy it. Nintendo, Sony or MS really ain’t gonna thank you for it.

#21 8 months ago