Tomb Raider: Definitive footage shows PS4 vs PS3 comparison

Wednesday, 15th January 2014 09:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is coming January 28, and there’s a video doing the rounds that compares the PS3 and PS4 editions.

It follows Tomb Raider writer Rhianna Pratchett proclaiming 2013 a good year for diversity in games, but that there’s still room for improvement. Hit the link to see what the author said.

The Tomb Raider: Definitive PS3 vs PS4 footage was posted by IGN, and it’s watermarked up the arse so I won’t post it here. Hit the link to see how both versions stack up.

Stay tuned for my interview with Crystal Dynamics on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition soon.

Via Joystiq.

1. mistermogul

“it’s watermarked up the arse”

Such an elegant use of words! ;)

#1 8 months ago
  2. johnapocalypse

Yeah, I can’t see myself paying £40 for it though. You can get hte 360 and PS3 version for dirt fuckin cheap right now

#2 8 months ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

It doesn’t really look enough of a difference to warrant spending another £40 odd on the next-gen version. I played the PC version anyway so I’ve already seen better :).

#3 8 months ago
  4. YoungZer0

Lara looks very different. Did they rework the entire model?

#4 8 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Can anyone tell me why the changed Lara?

Wasn’t the original vision allowed in the first release?

#5 8 months ago
  6. _LarZen_

Played it on PC and absolutely loved it! So I am super excited to see how the PS4 version looks when it drops in the mailbox :)

#6 8 months ago
  7. jomac3db

If there is no free upgrade from ps3 to ps4 then I’m not getting it

#7 8 months ago
  8. absolutezero

The official line is that Camilla Luddington came on-board after the Lara model was finished. She did mo-cap and voiced it, so with the new edition being mapped out they made the choice to change her old face into more closely matching Camilla’s.

According to the video they did a complete pass over on the model itself tightening everything up, then added on the creepy TressFX hair on top. Makes it look almost new.

#8 8 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

@8: Cool! Glad to hear that. Always thought her in-game model looked a little bit odd, especially her eyes.

#9 8 months ago
  10. mistermogul

@7 – Pretty sure I read somewhere there is no PS3/PS4 upgrade for this.

#10 8 months ago