Continue?9876543210 stars a dead videogame character, out now on Steam & iOS

Thursday, 9th January 2014 12:20 GMT By Dave Cook

Continue?9876543210 is the actual name of an actual videogame you can actually play on your PC now. Actually. It’s out now on Steam and iOS. We’ve got a trailer inside.

The game was developed by Skrillex Quest creator Jason Oda and stars a failed videogame character as he dies in-game and tries to escape a world of random access memory before he is deleted forever.

Here’s a trailer:

It’s full of RPG sensibilities such as talking with NPCs and batter things with a sword, but sees you exploring timed stages in search of ‘Prayers’ that save you from deletion.

You can visit theContinue?9876543210 site through the link, and grab the game on Steam at £5.59. The iOS version is £2.49 / $3.99.

Thanks PC Gamer.

1. Eregol

Aww man. How come PC gamers get it for free while iOS guys have to pay £2.49?

#1 10 months ago
  2. CyberMarco

where exactly can you get it for free?

#2 10 months ago
  3. Xbone

@2 I have no idea. Its 7 euros on steam.

#3 10 months ago
  4. salarta

Interesting idea.

I don’t see anywhere that it’s free either. Every link the official site provides requires a payment, some formats costing more than others. The official site even has the word “purchase” before showing where to get it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Dave Cook

It’s not free. I think PC Gamer and myself misread things. I’ve added purchase links above. Sorry folks.

#5 10 months ago
  6. salarta

@5: You are now legally required to buy it for us! … No? Damn, it was worth a try. :P

#6 10 months ago
  7. yeoung

Woah..

Meta.

#7 9 months ago
  8. silkvg247

Will buy in an inevitable sale. :)

#8 9 months ago
  9. TheWulf

Skrillex Quest (which is free) turned out to be surprisingly good. It actually caught me off guard in that respect, and it’s worth playing to understand exactly why. The aesthetic has a lot to do with it, though, which is none too surprising since I’m a horrible little aesthetics whore. Clever little thing, though.

As such, I’m more than a touch interested in this.

#9 9 months ago
  10. Ireland Michael

“I’m more than a TOUCH interested in this.”

NO PUN INTENDED!

=P

continue has a really, really stupid name, but it’s a great little title. If any of you have ever played Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, you’ll feel right at home with this.

#10 9 months ago