Forbes has published its latest ’30 Under 30′ list, which recognises influential people out there in the wide world. The gaming top 30 list features a few notable entries from across the games industry this year.
The Forbes list places its 30 most influential gaming figures of the year as:
- Oculus VR founder Palmer Luckey
- Chartboost co-founder Maria Alegre
- Gearbox Software lead writer Anthony Burch
- Distractionware Limited director Terry Cavanagh
- Andreessen Horowitz partner Brian Cho
- Microsoft Game Studios senior producer Jessie Coombs
- Subset Games co-founder Matthew Davis
- Evil Geniuses CEO Alexander Garfield
- Humble Bundle co-founder John Graham
- Naughty Dog lead FX artist Keith Guerrette
- Ubisoft Montreal game designer Stephanie Harvey
- Twitch broadcast production manager Justin Ignacio
- Narrative designer Tom Jubert
- Joystiq editor-in-chief Ludwig Kietzmann
- Microsoft industrial designer Andrew Kim
- Professional gamer Jaedong Lee
- Game designer David Louche
- Subset Games co-founder Justin Ma
- Branch designer Matthew Malone
- Droqen founder Alexander Martin
- Giant Squid creative director Matt Nava
- thatgamecompany feel designer John Nesky
- DayTV CEO Sean Plott
- Supergiant Games studio director Amir Rao
- Matt Makes Games developer Matt Thorson
- Aeiowu founder Greg Wohlwend
- Twitch director of partnerships Justin Wong
- Galactic Cafe creative mistress Davey Wreden
I’ve scanned that page multiple times and there only appears to be 28 names. If the other two show up, I’ll add them here.
What do you think of the list?
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.