Xbox One OS: Microsoft “listening to the feedback every single day”

Monday, 6th January 2014 06:05 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Xbox One’s operating system will continue evolving as Microsoft integrates input from users, and has already implemented changes based on early adopter feedback.

“When we look back and look at what we’ve done, we want to continue to adapt the system to what gamers want. The team that works on Xbox are gamers themselves. We want to build the system that we use and that we know gamers would enjoy using” Microsoft’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb told Canada.com.

“We’re going to continue to refine the system and make it what the Xbox fans are expecting and what they want. We’re listening to the feedback every single day. I’ve already seen some changes in the operating system internally with what we’re building.”

Hryb pointed out that the Xbox 360′s OS went through a dramatic transformation in the years since its 2005 launch.

“It’s fascinating to see the different things that have come along. Things iterated. We didn’t even have things like the party system or the ability to support external storage when we launched the Xbox 360,” he said.

“So we are absolutely committed to adding new features to the Xbox One over the course of its life span.”

Xbox One’s OS is quite different from the Xbox 360; take a video tour. Users have criticised the party chat system, the fiddling required when navigating through long lists of unpinned apps, and the difficulty of pinning, but the Snap screen-in-screen stuff is pretty cool.

Thanks, DailyTech.

1. Xbone

The only thing they are listening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4dsHH9xL2s

#1 9 months ago
  2. mck3nzi3

Too late, sorry. I’m on the other side now…

#2 9 months ago
  3. The_Red

I didn’t play a lot of Xbox One but the limited time I had with Party system was horrendous. Fix that and then fire everyone behind original DRM policies.

#3 9 months ago
  4. absolutezero

I have a real feeling that the first console title update is going to be huge.

I have a list of things I would really like them to fix, the party system, the friends list and how fucking buried and confused it is, being able to look at system storage, external storage support.

#4 9 months ago
  5. bradk825

The OS is not all that bad to start with but there are a few things that could be better organized, and party systems need to be a little simpler. As for getting to party and friends etc faster: voice commands. I do think the first major update is going to be around party and friends, and I think next will come apps and store.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Silent Killer01

So I guess they are ignoring the constant feedback that Netflix and other third party apps shouldn’t require Xbox Live Gold.

#6 9 months ago