Assassin’s Creed 4: Freedom Cry delayed on PC for extra polish

Wednesday, 18th December 2013 13:02 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry has been delayed on PC. Ubisoft has confirmed that it is holding the DLC back for extra polish.

We published the Assassin’s Creed 4: Freedom Cry trailer yesterday, and it’s out on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One today.

However, over on the Ubisoft forum, community manager Mr_Shade wrote, “The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

No new date has been given.

Via CVG.

1. Sethos

Ubisoft delaying something on PC, more at 11.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Xbone

#2 9 months ago
  3. Deepo

“We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

You have already met the expectations of your fans by delaying the DLC at the last minute.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Hunam

:D

#4 9 months ago
  5. Catalyzer

expect it sometime in 2014 ,
    BTW AC Liberation HD is also luanching on 15 Jan 2014

#5 9 months ago
  6. TheWulf

Poop. I was actually looking forward to playing this. I liked the boat parts of Assassin’s Creed IV as is (which, I admit, is the first time I’ve liked Assassin’s Creed anything since the first game), and I was eager to play Adéwalé and learn more of his trials and tribulations.

Having a Welsh hero is funny and all (and I say this as a Welsh person myself), but the character who stole the show, for me, was Adéwalé.

Am I the only one wishing that Ubisoft would drop the assassin part from this (including the day job at Google) to create something more along the lines of Sid Meier’s Pirates? If they did that, I’d actually buy it. I’m really quite partial to the boat sections. (I honestly think that one of the reasons I am partial to the boat sections is that they don’t treat me like I’m stupid, which is unusual for an AAA game.)

Well, at the end of the day, it’s nice to have an AC game I can enjoy again. And with SweetFX, it actually looks pretty damn nice, too. (Really, if you have the PC version and you haven’t tried using SweetFX 2.0 on it yet, please do yourself a favour and do so.)

#6 9 months ago