Some PS4 users report not being able to play online, Sony investigating

Monday, 9th December 2013 16:22 GMT By Sherif Saed

Earlier today, many users have reported being kicked out of online matches, while others are not able to connect to online games on PS4. Sony has caught wind of the reports and is working on a solution.

Users affected by the issue get kicked out of online sessions for games such as Killzone: Shadowfall, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4. They also get a message asking them to get a PlayStation Plus subscription to play online, and as you may have guessed, they already have one.

A Sony employee has responded to the matter on Twitter confirming to users that their PS Plus subscription is fine, and adding that they are investigating the issue.

Sony has PSN maintenance already scheduled for today.

Thanks, CVG.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Next gen is a flop.

#1 4 months ago
  2. TrickyAudio

I’ve been online with mine just fine. I know this because I suck at BF4 still.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Lewis247

Thought it was just me. Had it since Friday and BF 4 was fine online until today. Weird. Hope it’s fixed soon.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Dimaco

@2 LOL
    I hear you man…

#4 4 months ago
  5. fearmonkey

No problems here.

#5 4 months ago
  6. RandomTiger

I think I have this problem, either that or no one else is playing Resogun co-op.

#6 4 months ago
  7. OneLifeCycle

I waited forever yesterday for some Resogun Co-Op. Finally went onto playing something else. So frustrating.

Haven’t tried my PS4 today yet. Will later. Hopefully, I don’t have any of these issues.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Beta

Working fine for me thankfully.

#8 4 months ago
  9. dontbescaredhomie92

@1 couldn’t agree more, I think both consoles could of done with a few extra months at least instead of waiting a year for patches to realise their full potential.

#9 4 months ago
  10. shogunknight

@9 How would they know of issues like these if not by releasing to consumers first then fixing any issues that come up. Even though those consoles come out 2014, there would always be an issue

#10 4 months ago
  11. dontbescaredhomie92

The lack of decent games from now and up until mid next year for a start should be a good indication, the fact that both consoles still don’t have the features advertised leading up to launch and that clearly demand is so much higher than what was manufactured when both consoles sold out of pre-orders in less than a month.

2014 would of seen better optimized games and a more refined system, just my opinion and speaking to people owning both consoles at work that seems to be the general feeling.

#11 4 months ago
  12. Phoenixblight

February and March is now mid next year? News to me!

#12 4 months ago
  13. johnapocalypse

I have it, and it was one the day that I know how to get American Netflix here in the UK. At least this blackout has given me a chance to play Resogun

#13 4 months ago
  14. polygem

yeah yeah, there are some minor issues but i play that thing every day and i enjoy it. that´s all that really matters. imo 399 was a fair price. i can play battlefield, resogun and cod on my ps4, link between worlds on 3ds and mario on wiiu. if i will get bored by that, which hasn´t been the case yet, i might rent asscreed and finally play contrast too. i still haven´t checked out blacklight or warframe either. a friend will get his ps4 this christmas which means another shot in the arm for bf. i really feel like having more than enough to play until the next wave of games is coming out. i did not regret buying day one at all.

#14 4 months ago
  15. Major Mayhem 70

A fair price for both consoles would be $299. Still went ahead and bought both consoles though. Happy with both. Haven’t noticed anything wrong with the online game play on the PS4. Come to think of it, I was on the X1 today though.

#15 4 months ago