Tom Clancy’s The Division – Snowdrop trailer shows off next-gen engine

Sunday, 8th December 2013 00:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Division was shown during VGX tonight, and the trailer talked about how the Snowdrop Engine is true next-gen. Watch the video below. Ubisoft said earlier this week that another look at the Tom Clancy title will be released on Monday, December 9, so be on the look out for that. The Division is an online experience, where players team up to survive in a ravaged America, both in the game and through the companion app. The game is slated for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

1. monkeygourmet

‘Snow Drop’ running alongside ‘Snow Flake engine 101 (TM Ubisoft)’.

In nature the snow flake presents the beautiful and infinite possibility if geometric / shapes and natural creation.

‘Snow Flake engine 101 (TM Ubisoft)’ represents the infinite possibility of micro transactions in all next gen Ubisoft titles. We were blown away by the ability of charging €10 for a new gun ‘skin’, and now with ‘next gen’ coupled with idiot gamers, we can make an absolute mint! :D

#1 1 year ago
  2. Francis O

Wait, this game is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360?

I thought it was PS4, Xbox One, and PC

#2 1 year ago
  3. ddtd

@2 – If it’s anything like the 360 and PS3 version of Watch_Dogs, then it’s gong to look rough on those systems.

#3 1 year ago
  4. debug

This is what I’m looking for. The atmosphere really gets me. The PR girl is a bit annoying, but at least her voice isn’t too loud :P

Aaaaah, finally a game that gets me to dream again.

@Francis O
    Are you kidding?

#4 1 year ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

@2 Pretty sure Steph is wrong here. PS4, X1 and PC only.

#5 1 year ago
  6. manamana

I believe it, when i see it. It screems overambitious to me and I take everything from Ubi with bucketloads of salt … Lets see how this developes …

#6 1 year ago
  7. John117

@5 A quick check on their website and the game’s wiki site says it only for X1, PS4 and PC so hopefully only PC will get the bad ports :P

#7 1 year ago
  8. JewyMcJew

This is simply the most impressive engine I have ever seen, with details that go beyond even the impeccable GTA IV.

I previously felt that developers were giving up too much CPU / GPU resources with dynamic light compared to pre-baked. But after watching the light rays through the bullet holes and car break lights lighting up steam, I am now a believer.

Combined with the natural movement animation, like when the protagonist closed the slightly ajar car door, The Division looks like a game-changer.

I just hope it’s fun!

#8 1 year ago
  9. airsick7

Why does this game need Tom Clancy’s name attached to it?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Phoenixblight

Based on real world simulation and threats and Ubisoft owns the Tom Clancy license. Its like Sugar to cinnamon.

#10 1 year ago