Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition set for release January 28 on PS4, Xbox One

Saturday, 7th December 2013 23:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is set for release on PS4 and Xbox One. The first trailer was shown during VGX. The game has been “Rebuilt. Remade. Reborn.”

United Front Games helped develop the game in partnership with Crystal Dynamics’ “core team”. They made it more immerse, and the graphics will show more detail.

It will not have 3D support but TressFX has been added from the PC version, meaning Lara’s hair will shine in the sun and blow in the wind in a more realistic manner.

The game was leaked earlier by a , which is close to what Amazon Italy posted back in November – January 24 which is likely the EU release date.

The pack includes all DLC released for the Crystal Dynamics adventure, and comes with an art book and premium packaging.

Square Enix said news on the collection would be released in early December, so tonight’s announcement during VGX was expected.

1. Panthro

Was there any DLC that was actually worth it? I thought it was all just multiplayer crap?

EDIT- I read the PS4 and XBOX ONE wrong haha, I am too used to thinking of this game as a last gen game.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Kieran

Sweet :-) its a brilliant game bar the mp lol

#2 4 months ago
  3. Judicas

damn, dieing to see the trailer to compare it to the xbox 360 version! don’t mind finishing it again just wanna see if its gonna be a big upgrade :D

#3 4 months ago
  4. Panthro

Look at a PC gameplay with ultra settings, I doubt they upgraded the visuals any past that.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Judicas

If they upgraded it to that, then yeah i’d buy it, but they don’t always do what you’d assume they would

#5 4 months ago
  6. bradk825

I’ll probably pick this up eventually to play it again. It was fantastic.

#6 4 months ago
  7. Legendaryboss

Update: Amazon have reportedly leaked new details such as possible price, inclusion of DLC, art book, next gen details and box art, can’t link source.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Judicas

@7 did you even bother reading the article? …

#8 4 months ago
  9. Erthazus

They added TressFX from a PC version to Next Gen… So you get better Lara Croft hair (in theory)
    and high end textures.

L O L.

#9 4 months ago
  10. salarta

Well hey, the news isn’t as bad as I expected it to be this time.

#10 4 months ago
  11. absolutezero

I watched the trailer and thought “Looks like they’ve changed her face”

Guy from Crystal Dynamics “We re-built her entire head.”

I know my Lara.

#11 4 months ago
  12. Erthazus

So Next Gen consoles got PC port.

Crazy world we are living in. This x86 gen will be interesting for the PC gamers. XD

#12 4 months ago
  13. absolutezero

You already said this.

You don’t get the new Lara head. No Lara head for PC Confirmed. EAT IT.

L O L

#13 4 months ago
  14. Erthazus

New Lara head? New Lara head is exactly TressFX.

#14 4 months ago
  15. absolutezero

TressFX is hair

They rebuilt her entire head. Then shoved TressFX.

TressFX looked terrible.

#15 4 months ago
  16. Erthazus

I watched the trailer again and it is the same old head as before with plastic skin on top of it with TressFX hair on it.
    It is a PC port at best with few fixes for 60$ on next gen consoles. I salute you with next gen gaming.

right now Tomb Raider on steam costs 10 EURO’s.

#16 4 months ago
  17. absolutezero

Alright so its the same head only its not because its not the same head as the old one.

ok.

LEL

#17 4 months ago
  18. Judicas

Looks like pc port on ultra settings, I think, or not quite as good? With the tress fx hair & brand new head.

#18 4 months ago
  19. absolutezero

Its not Ultra, even if it is, its still going to be missing a load of post processing stuff.

I’ll still end up buying it.

#19 4 months ago
  20. dtyk

Youtube doesn’t do this version justice.

I’ve seen the actual game, and they made a lot of aesthetic changes and engine tweaks that made it look better than the old PC version on ultra.

On a raw “pixel on screen” point of view, the old PC ultra is still obviously better.

#20 4 months ago
  21. dsr

Looks like a hasty port of a pastgen game. If its $30, it’s probably worth it, but I think they will as for usual price.

#21 4 months ago
  22. Legendaryboss

Yes although which point in time are you referring to? Before or After it was updated?

#22 4 months ago
  23. manamana

Dunno. I beat the game already two times and next year is packed so its probably for those who missed it first time around. Would still recommend it though, nice game but can’t see them charging full price at this point.

#23 4 months ago
  24. Judicas

@22 before it was updated and already had all the info you mentioned in the original write up before vgx

#24 4 months ago
  25. Legendaryboss

If you say so.

#25 4 months ago
  26. onefivefive

Loved this game, will happily play it again on PS4.

#26 4 months ago
  27. selderane

What a great game! I’m glad “Uncharted” finally has some competition. Given how ho-hum “Uncharted 3″ was I’m hopeful a resuscitated “Tomb Raider” franchise will get them back on track.

#27 4 months ago