Quantum Break gameplay debuts during VGX

Saturday, 7th December 2013 23:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Remedy Entertainment showed the first look at gameplay from Quantum Break.

Studio head Sam Lake showed time manipulation powers, the lead characters Jack and Beth and how you can switch between the hero and the bad guy.

During these “junction moments,” players will switch to playing the villain, Paul Serene, which are crucial to the project’s transmedia agenda.

With Xbox One, massive moments of death and destruction, rewinding and forwarding, was only able to be accomplished with “next -gen”. This includes the time stutters, fails, skips – “methods that nobody else is doing,” according to Remedy.

The game is in full blown development and Remedy has a launch date in mind, but is not ready to reveal it just yet.

1. absolutezero

Oh Remedy.

A cover based shooter? Really?

#1 9 months ago
  2. Pytox

@1 and tv :p

#2 9 months ago
  3. Erthazus

Cover based shooter + TV series with them.

: (

Why Remedy?

#3 9 months ago
  4. POOhead

looked like they copied max payne 3 with some time nonsense

#4 9 months ago
  5. mal617

looks cool

#5 9 months ago
  6. freedoms_stain

I hate it when fiction dicks about with time or time travel.

You just know by the end you’re going to be saying “Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.” and everything can be explained away with “time paradox” or some other unsatisfying bullshit.

But we’ll see.

#6 9 months ago
  7. TheBlackHole

Wow, the creative director really wanted the most screen time, didn’t he.

Looks nice. Nothing groundbreaking though on this evidence

#7 9 months ago
  8. sho0ok

^Sony haters as as nice always, pleasure meeting you guys.

#8 9 months ago
  9. Moonwalker1982

You can bet your ass that if this was a PS4 exclusive they would have called it amazing and the second coming of Christ pretty much, lol.

#9 9 months ago
  10. jomac3db

I’m a Sony gamer and this game looks good. I will get the Xbox for this and Ryse alone

#10 9 months ago
  11. derpachu

Fanboys mad as fuck.
    Game looks great

#11 9 months ago
  12. sho0ok

@DERPACHU they just has to bad mouth everything not playstaion, it’s in their nature lol. That’s why most of them stupid and copy and paste all the xbox and ps4 specifications then say the xbox underpowered and the games are bad. Even thought they know that xbox is moving to right direction which is games, games, games and TV :)

#12 9 months ago
  13. sho0ok

@1 yes really :) didn’t last of us had the same cover based shooting!!! And u guys said its the best game ever!!! But it got beaten by gta for the vgx awards :)

#13 9 months ago
  14. Max Payne

Did you notice how people in background in office randomly ”skip” in time :D

#14 9 months ago
  15. Bomba Luigi

Finally I know a bit about what this Game is. Gameplay sounds interessting so far, but I still don’t like the Idea of watching some TV Show between Gameplay.

#15 8 months ago
  16. lolatfanboys

This will be nice, but a little concerned about the cover based third person shooter gameplay :/

#16 8 months ago
  17. Panthro

^ What a shit username

#17 8 months ago
  18. Spider Law

Looks good.

#18 8 months ago
  19. CPC_RedDawn

So basically they are making their own version of Max Payne but having a story revolving more around the “time” aspect…

WHAT A FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT!!!

I was really surprised when I saw the very first trailer, it looked graphically really good. But obviously that was a pre rendered cut scene using the game engine.

What we saw here was a boring, uninspired, bland, and dull game. Yet another cover based shooter, yet another crappy tv show to go with it.

I know I haven’t played it yet, but seriously I don’t need to, to know that this is going to suck.

Now all I need to see is The Order 1866 from Sony and I will make my move.

#19 8 months ago
  20. Tech-N9ne

Really? Do some research first. These guys created the original Max Payne games.

Secondly, they did not really show much in the way of gameplay for you deduce that it’s “uninspired, bland and dull”, what are you basing that statement on? What’s wrong with cover based shooters? As far as am concerned my most anticipated next gen game after the division.

#20 8 months ago
  21. Panthro

^ Oh we got a Technician over here

#21 8 months ago
  22. UuBuU

I’m so sick of cover based shooters. I don’t care how good the visuals are. Who really derives any enjoyment from pressing one button to be auto-sucked against a protective barrier before pressing another button to auto-aim and kill an enemy? If you’re going to make fights that easy and controlled, you might as well just press one button to watch the whole thing play out on its own or skip it entirely.

#22 8 months ago
  23. Panthro

^

Basically 90% of AAA games

#23 8 months ago
  24. TD_Monstrous69

It looks nice, but was still pretty disappointed. Was expecting a bit more. Actually wanted to get an Xbox One for this, and now I’m not so sure.

#24 8 months ago
  25. sho0ok

Guys if you don’t like it don’t buy it just shut up and let other people enjoy the game, you don’t have to ruin it for other people.

#25 8 months ago
  26. schnide

This might be a good game in itself, but I’m a little worried that there is no possible way it can live up to the hype that Remedy and Microsoft are throwing out.

They keep billing it as the ultimate crossover between TV and gaming.. but now they’ve finally released some actual gameplay, it does indeed look like basic Max Payne 3 gameplay with some very expensive cutscenes that don’t play out the same way at all.

#26 7 months ago