Fallout 4 teaser site changes again, new message mentions The Institute

Friday, 6th December 2013 10:24 GMT By Dave Cook

Fallout 4 teaser site The Survivor 2299 has been updated again with a new wall of nonsense-text. See if you can make sense of it here.

UPDATE: Reddit to the rescue! Someone has deciphered the code. It reads, “I AM SORRY TO INFORM YOU, BUT I’M AFRAID THEY’RE DEAD. YOUR LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM IS JUST FINE. WELCOME TO THE INSTITUTE. THE ONLY SAFE PLACE TO BE IN THIS WORLD.” (thanks Puggy!)

The Institute was a mysterious group introduced in Fallout 3, founded from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Could they serve as Fallout 4′s antagonists?

ORIGINAL STORY: Now, the Survivor 2299 site makes mention of years, along with the usual morse code and gibberish.

It follows the previous Fallout 4 message, which talks about the Overseer of Vault 119 being killed, and forewarned that ‘Nuclear Winter Has Come’

Bethesda recently stressed that it would not show any trailers at tomorrow’s Spike VGX awards. The countdown expires in five days, which is Wednesday, December 11.

What do you think?

1. Gekidami

Didnt Bethesda already say this is BS?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Mus42

@1 No they haven’t said anything about this website, which seems odd if it were fake then I would assume they would have put a stop to it by now.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Un-HolyMOTHERofGOD

Come on you nerds, decipher this!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Puggy

They actually already have. Someone even did the work to write it all up in a Document on Reddit… well, where else?

Reddit link:

and if you only want the message right now decrypted:

Hm, and even if it is fake, somebody sure is putting a lot of effort into making us believe it is not. :O

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gekidami

^ Makes mention of “The Institute” which is where that android in FO3 was made, meaning that this game would be set in “The Commonwealth” which is the name of the Massachusetts wastelands.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Un-HolyMOTHERofGOD

That’s my first time to Reddit. I should go there more often. Thanks Puggy! (And the guy who deciphered this!)

#6 1 year ago
  7. Moonwalker1982

I think we are getting trolled hard here by the creator of this site. I am willing to bet that the asshole who thought it was cool to make fake trademarks of Fallout 4 is behind this too. Right after Pete Hines said they would not be at VGX, this update arrives. Simply to avoid disappointment i am gonna assume this is all bullshit. Of course i hope it is real though. I SO want that Fallout 4 announcement.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Neroist

Keep in mind Hines said that Beth will not be at VGX. Not that they didn’t have anything to announce. They do not have to go to VGX to do a game announcement.

#8 1 year ago
  9. uniq

Now it’s official. It was only a hoax. “Special thanks to /r/Fallout the most amazing community on reddit for resolving all clues. PSA: YT User ‘Elevated Level’, Butch, Pitor, Liam Neeson and creator of tunnelsnakesrule.com are not responsible for this ‘hoax/rickroll’. Ah, and thepropheteer.com is a fake too (Still thumbs up for this guy it looks great!). Don’t hate bethesda, hate me. That’s all. I really hope you’ll get a real Fallout 4 soon, guys.

#9 1 year ago