Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth screens show chibi RPG action

Tuesday, 3rd December 2013 09:45 GMT By Dave Cook

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth has received a batch of 3DS screens and character artwork, courtesy of publisher Atlus.

It follows the initial Persona Q reveal trailer. Watch it through the link.

Now, the batch of screens show cut-scenes of various characters talking, staking out a grand clock tower and more.

AGB has them here.

What do you think?

1. Tormenter

I dont like ‘Chibi’ style. It’s a very childish ‘art’ direction.

It seems to exist for the sole reason of turning goodlooking detailed characters into cheap looking sketches.. it just smacks of less work to do.

I won’t buy this, I think I’ll go play the PS2 P4 instead.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dragon

^ Its the only style the uber weak 3DS could muster up.

Dont know why this game exists, god awful graphics, non-canon.
    In other words, not worth the bother for most Persona fans.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Hunam

As a Persona fan I disagree, I think it should be a good fun little game. We’re not really in it for the graphics after all. Story wins!

#3 9 months ago
  4. MarcoosVGC

I like the idea of this too, it’ll be cool to see what they come up with!

#4 9 months ago
  5. Dragon

@3,
    And in that regards, its non-canon and not even made by Persona team, but by the ET one (which I feel is a distinctly average game compared to Persona), hence the awful graphics. And storywise it wont match the output of Persona team. This feels like Atlus just half-heartedly fulfilling their announcement from 2010.

I talked to many Persona fans regarding this, and almost all of them have the same feeling.

#5 9 months ago
  6. tilinelson2

@1&2

The game exists because they wanted to reuse the assets of Etrian Odyssey IV and Millenium Girl for another game without milking too much that IP, so they decided to milk Persona IP instead.

#6 9 months ago
  7. dizzygear

I for one am looking forward to this. I enjoyed EOIV and i hope this game is as challenging as EOIV.

#7 9 months ago