Warhammer 40k: Storm of Vengeance announced by developer Eutechnyx

Monday, 2nd December 2013 15:30 GMT By Dave Cook

Storm of Vengeance is a new title based in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. It’s being developed for PC and mobile by new licensee Eutechynx, and is said to be a “lane strategy” game.

Develop reports that he new partnership between Games Workshop and Euthechnyx will see Storm of Vengeance released in Q1, 2014.

The plot sees players defending a planet with just 100 Space Marine troops, it’s bit like that movie 300, but with 200 less six-packs.

In a statement, Eutechnyx CEO Darren Jobling said, “Storm of Vengeance sees Eutechnyx working with one of the most established brands in gaming. I am very excited that our new partnership with Games Workshop will allow us to bring the world of Warhammer 40,000 to dedicated fans around the world via our new mobile division.”

More Games Workshop titles. Does this make you happy? Let us know below.

1. Hirmetrium

Oh for gods sake.

Why the hell hasn’t Dawn of War 3 been announced yet? At least redeem some of the damage crappy developers have done to the 40k license.

I always wanted to see GW relax, but they are literally handing the license out to anyone and everyone. It’s atrocious.

#1 1 year ago
  2. salarta

I’d like to see more Inquisitor Adrastia, myself. But I’m doubting it’ll happen.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Kabby

GW have pissed away all fan goodwill by now and everything Eutechnyx touches turns into a disaster. This is not what you’d call a recipe for success.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Hunam

From the developer of Ride to Hell: Redemption :P

#4 1 year ago
  5. Pytox

@4 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#5 1 year ago
  6. lolatfanboys

More Warhammer Fantasy/40k always makes me happy…but most of those games are just not good at all :/ Down of War was pretty good, but compared to company of Heroes? I don´t know why they piss away so much of that IP. Mostly Quality related issues.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Darksider123

just got into these series, nice to see it continues

#7 1 year ago
  8. GrimRita

@1 I would love to see a DoW 3 but now that Sega own Relic and turned them into a shit developer with CoH2, I don’t hold out much hope.

And from a company that only makes racing games, really? Warhammer? Will this just be a clone of Plants v Zombies at a discounted price and paint jobs?

#8 1 year ago