PS4 UK & Europe launch, all the images, news and events here

Thursday, 28th November 2013 12:47 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4 is out in the UK and Europe, and we’re collecting all of the launch party details, queues photos and juicy details right here.

Today’s launch marks the full, western PS4 roll-out, after a successful start in North America.

Before we dive into the launch event pictures and news, we thought we’d run-down some essentials for you going into the PlayStation 4′s release. First, here’s a list of VG247 PS4 impressions and review round-ups from the general press:

Across Britain, PS4 is now available without pre-order at 150 Tesco stores, 155 ASDA stores, and with this £52 O2 mobile contract.

Now then, let’s get down to the actual launch itself, shall we? You’ll find a list of all the European PS4 launch events here, while Sony’s Twitter feed kicked off with a photo of the German launch event in Berlin, as queues started to form outside stores:

Meanwhile, in Covent Garden, London, gamers have started to queue outside Sony’s PS4 Lounge, where they’ll be able to grab a console without pre-order:

When midnight finally hit in the UK, the scene outside retailer GAME kicked into high gear. We even got a statement from one Ian Chambers, Chief Digital Officer of the company. He said, “Last night was incredible. We opened more than 300 GAME around the country and the response from gamers was fantastic. The buzz for PlayStation 4 has been huge – visitor numbers to our website hit almost 2 million last week and we’ve seen an explosion of social media activity too.

” PlayStation 4 has been years in the making and its arrival marks a real highlight in this epic season of gaming. Looking at the initial response it’s clear that sales will easily top the PlayStation 3 launch sales and there is still huge demand which we expect to continue into 2014 and beyond.”

GAME even sent us some photos of their launches:

Meanwhile, Sony’s official PS4 Lounge over at Covent Garden was teeming with fans. GI.biz posted this photo of the lavish establishment:

We’ll post more launch images and news as it comes today and tomorrow.

1. viralshag

I am somewhat surprised at the hype for the PS4 considering it’s lacking in any real stand out titles. The fact that more stock mysteriously keeps popping up at all these stores does make me think it’s a well thought out PR stunt to up the numbers who will no doubt go to a midnight launch and hopefully pick one up.

I wouldn’t mind getting one but I’m not going to go and camp out until midnight for the chance of getting one. Plus I have played all the third party titles on the Xbox One so there’s nothing left to play anyway.

If I can I might pick one up before Christmas if I can do it with minimal hassle.

#1 5 months ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

@1, well personally this gen has dragged on too long and I’m just excited to have new hardware to play with. Games aren’t as important, they’ll come soon enough haha.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Animeboy413

I Love David Cook he posts interesting pictures

#3 5 months ago
  4. viralshag

@2, Yeah I agree.

It is a bit annoying there’s not much else coming through now until 2014. Back to the PC for a bit I guess! ;)

#4 5 months ago
  5. absolutezero

Yeah strangely the XB launch titles are great but theres nothing all that exciting on the horizon. The PS4 launch games are pretty depressing but theres a tonne of exciting content on the way.

Bleh.

#5 5 months ago
  6. DrDamn

2014 is only a month away :). A lot of the great titles are cross gen multiplatform anyway. Aside for the improve graphical niceties there is a whole new and impressive ecosystem to play them on too. (NB: this counts for both machine).

#6 5 months ago
  7. FeaturePreacher

With the European launch and another batch of ps4s in the states, 3 million ps4s in the launch month is looking like quite the possibility. On to 1080p greatness.

#7 5 months ago
  8. viralshag

@6, Yeah the next thing is Spartan Assault or something. After that I’m not too sure.

@7, I know but there’s nothing big listed until March time I think! Only Thief comes to mind but that’s about it.

#8 5 months ago
  9. DrDamn

See here …

#9 5 months ago
  10. absolutezero

Has there been any information about Basement Crawl aside from those screenshots/art that turned up on AGB?

#10 5 months ago
  11. Templar_Dante

Awesome pics Dave ! :)

#11 5 months ago
  12. FeaturePreacher

In Berlin, there’s already 1000 people lined up.

I wonder how big it will get by midnight.

#12 5 months ago
  13. gomersoul

@10 ps4 is not just the best console then, it has the most games too. Glad I chose ps4 this gen 😃

#13 5 months ago
  14. KineticCalvaria

That fucking CoD Ghosts/GTA V queue guy is there again! Damn that guy takes nerdiness to a whole new level, although I admire his determination and patience though that’s for sure.

#14 5 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

Looks like you have him under your watchful eye, he’ll be gaming for long. Not too long i hope ;) You have to give credit wheres it due as you say.

#15 5 months ago