Xbox One multiplayer & store functions down as Microsoft issues status update

Tuesday, 26th November 2013 11:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One’s online multiplayer functionality and store purchasing have gone offline, according to a status update from Microsoft.

It follows our report on Xbox One TV issues currently affecting UK users.

The Xbox Live status alert states that, “Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox Live subscriptions,” is currently unavailable. The same goes for, “Joining other Xbox Live members in online games,” and, “Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members.”

It’s not clear what is causing this outage, but we’ll update you once we know more.

CVG has spotted that some NeoGAF members claim to have been unable to access these online functions for the last 16 hours.

1. redwood

lol! .. amazing! well here is hoping that it comes back sooon.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Lloytron

Wow. Welcome to the next gen!

#2 11 months ago
  3. Djoenz

Its not down for all UK players but some it seems, I have a feeling it has to do something with the party group chat/lobby.

#3 11 months ago
  4. derpachu

@2 wow! A CONSOLE HAVING SOME ONLINE ISSUES AR LAUNCH? WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT!

#4 11 months ago
  5. G1GAHURTZ

My decision not to buy one yet is looking better and better all the time…

#5 11 months ago
  6. DuckNation

Looks like that 700m worth of severs is at work!

#6 11 months ago
  7. Christopher Jack

Ironic as I believe the stability of XBL was one of the advantages Xbox fans always touted over PlayStation fans yet from what I can gather XBL has had more issues than PSN. No first hand experience either way I just see more articles popping up about issues with XBL over PSN so I could be wrong.

Great thing about PC is that I’m not tied to a singular service, if for whatever reason Steam goes down I can still play a majority of its library online (unsure as it’s proven to be reliable when I use it) or use another service or in increasingly rare cases no attached services at all.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Dragon

Weird, where is da powah of 300000 cloud servers?

Jokes aside, hopefully the issue is solved soon, but in such big networks, downtimes happen. Nothing surprising in that.

#8 11 months ago
  9. G1GAHURTZ

This could just be a technical thing, and absolutely nothing to do with servers being overloaded, btw.

Anyway, how’s this for a fix? http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/26/5147106/xbox-one-grinding-noise-disc-drive-fix-free-game

#9 11 months ago
  10. Ireland Michael

Teh powah of teh cloud.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

Stealth edit: You guys covered what i said, sod it.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

Oh wait teh cloud failed.

#12 11 months ago
  13. dontbescaredhomie92

Funny how mine is working completely fine, nice try fanboys.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Legendaryboss

Funny how the article and problems still exist, nice try.

#14 11 months ago
  15. The_Red

How I wish Xbox One had remained always online… That would have been an spectacular crash. Sadly they came to their sense and instead tried to fuck consumers with micro-transactions rather than obvious DRMs.

#15 11 months ago
  16. game_on

It’s only the use of pre-paid cards and download codes that’s offline according to the Xbox live status. Online multiplayer seems to be up and running? Which is wrong, this article or the MS message?

#16 11 months ago
  17. dontbescaredhomie92

@14 Don’t affect me why should I care?

#17 11 months ago
  18. Obernox

Ahhh! my douche detector is on fire!

#18 11 months ago
  19. gameoholic007

Sounds like M$’s mighty cloud network is paying off. ;)

#19 11 months ago