Call of Duty: Ghosts top-selling Xbox One game in North America, most-played multiplayer game worldwide

Tuesday, 26th November 2013 13:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Call of Duty: Ghosts was the top-selling Xbox One game in North America and the most-played multiplayer game worldwide during the console’s launch, according to Activision.

The game was the best-selling title for Xbox One at retailers Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Walmart. Activision announced last week the shooter was the number one pre-ordered Xbox One title at the aforementioned retailers.

In standalone Xbox One software retail sale , the game also is number one in the United Kingdom, according to GfK Charttrack.

In addition, it is also the most played Xbox 360 multiplayer game, according to Microsoft.

Additionally, Call of Duty: Ghosts is the number one most played PlayStation 4 game, according to Sony, and continues to be the top selling PS4 title in retail sales in North America at Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Walmart.

“Around the globe, Call of Duty: Ghosts is leading the next generation. It’s the #1 selling title at key retailers and it’s also the most played game on Xbox One and PS4 globally,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. “As we’ve said before, we’ve got the best community of fans in the world, and we’re thrilled they’re coming with us to the next generation.”

More than 1 billion multiplayer matches of Call of Duty: Ghosts have already have been played across all versions with players haveing Prestiged more than 2.2 million times, and earning over 3.3 trillion Experience Points, according to internal gameplay statistics.

Call of Duty: Ghosts launched for both current gen systems and PS4 on November 5, and on November 22 on Xbox One.

1. KAP

That’s a surprise.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Spider Law

hmm…
    I bought it, for PS4. My wife and I enjoy it, even after our own COD fatigue settles we manage to enjoy it quite a lot. Contrary to popular belief, COD Ghosts does a lot different than the previous entries and to me its a little refreshing. While its not as polished as Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 2, it definitely does enough different for me to enjoy it regardless of its short comings.
    Still havent tried BF4. I am weary because EA and Dice do not seem to care enough to correct their mistakes before release and even afterwards. I understand games ship with bugs, even some game breaking, but Ea and Dice dont seem to bothered by it (didnt seem bothered by the bugs in BF3 either. Seems that BFBC2 was the last game they actually cared about). Just my opinion folks.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Erthazus

^ What bugs?

#3 10 months ago
  4. SlayerGT

@2 My friend and I have been playing quite a bit of BF4 on PS4. It’s does have issues. Mostly crashes after a round. Which is only frustrating because of how difficult it is to join a room with a friend on top of getting onto the same team. Also on some of the biggest conquest maps there are sound bugs. Vehicles without engines mostly. Other than that the game runs pretty well. The battle log integration definitely needs work. I’m enjoying it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. angry_nation

as a COD hater, i would like nothing more than to see BF4 knock it from it’s throne made of mountain dew and doritos. i’m not surprised, as KAP, stated, and i don’t know if rockstar has plans to release GTAV on XBone, but that would topple COD from the #1 spot, if nothing else.

*hopes for soul crushing, game breaking bugs to run rampant in COD*

#5 10 months ago
  6. reask

Yeah I got bf4 on PS3 and had no issues yet.
    I do know there happening but apart from a couple of times not getting hit markers and 1 freeze it has ran smooth as anything.

Quite enjoying it actually as I tend to play domination which are small maps and there is hardly any camping and little or none sniping.

#6 10 months ago
  7. bradk825

@7 I used to think there was some truth in the “Just because it sells a lot doesn’t mean it’s good” argument, but then I played the game everyone points to when they make that argument. There’s truth in the sales numbers actually. It sells because it’s fun and has more personality than Battlefield. Yeah, I named it.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Spider Law

@Erth
    The bugs that SlayerGT point out. As well as the campaign save completely being broken to where you lose everything and have to start over. Happened to my best friend twice on his 360 version. Once to my wife’s best friend’s husband on his PS4 version. Plus i have seen numerous posts online regarding this. While you can argue that its in the single player only so its no big deal, it is to me as i tend to enjoy both single player and multiplayer modes when i dish out $65 for it.

Thanks for the feedback slayer. My wife keeps telling me to pick it up along with NFS Rivals….i have been very hesitant. With your remarks, i might reconsider and just go for it.

#8 10 months ago
  9. SlayerGT

Just a psa regarding bf4

#9 10 months ago
  10. SlayerGT

@9 Yeah I forget about the campaign bug. I completed it no problem in three sittings. My friend on the other hand had the progress erasing bug.

Edit: And on PS4′s video capture there’s no sound. Something Dice is aware of. I guess there’s a fix in the works.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Spider Law

Nice!!! Thanks Slayer!

#11 10 months ago
  12. SlayerGT

@21 No worries. If your in states or thereabouts, and need squad mates, look me up: SlayerGT on PSN. We bring hurt. Freedoms and attest ;-)

SlayerGT on battle log also

#12 10 months ago
  13. Spider Law

Yeah, im in Dirty Cali born and raised. I will send you a friend request from this handy dandy Playstation App.

#13 10 months ago
  14. SlayerGT

@14 and I will accept..using said app :-)

#14 10 months ago