Xbox One Turtle Beach headset upgrades available till January 30

Sunday, 24th November 2013 22:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Xbox One owners disappointed they can’t use their Turtle Beach Xbox 360 headsets can upgrade free of charge via a limited time deal.

Unfortunately the offer is not immediately effective; eligible users will be sent an adapter when they become available sometime after March 1, 2014.

The offer is good through January 30 2014, and applies to models XP400, XP510, XP Seven and X42.

To take advantage, visit Turtle Beach.

In other disappointing headset news, the Xbox One does not yet support Dobly Digital via optical, although this feature is expected in an update.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. Djoenz

Thats good looking out. That is impressive!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Llewelyn_MT

All of this trouble because using a standard mini jack connector would make forfeiting licensing deals for Microsoft.

Besides, does Xbone have any features at launch? We just keep hearing these reports this and that will be available at a later date…

#2 1 year ago
  3. gomersoul

I’ve got to admit both Sony and Microsoft have been poor with launch features. I have a pulse headset that won’t work on ps4 at launch, both machines have been rushed to launch, the xbone more so. Victims of strong competition I guess

#3 1 year ago
  4. Djoenz

It seems that some people can still use their current turtlebeaches on ps4.

-> http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/21/turtle-beach-on-ps4-headset-compatability-px4-works-right-away-xp-510-px-51-phantom-require-firmware-update/

-> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-will-my-expensive-headset-work-on-ps4-xbox-one

Ok so only for USB supported headsets atm not for bluetooth.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheBlackHole

Are these headsets any good?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Djoenz

I have the PX21 for about 3 years now. Its a wired one, but its very good for gaming. When I hear my buddies say yo hold on I gotta charge my headset I cant help but laugh. Bluetooth headsets are shite.

Also interesting thread from a forum regarding this issue: http://www.head-fi.org/t/690663/ps4-with-3-5mm-x2-type-headset

#6 1 year ago
  7. TheBlackHole

@6 what about wireless non-bluetooth though.

Some people don’t sit three feet from their TV, and would rather not have a potential garrote hanging across the living room.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Djoenz

Well according to this wireless non-bluetooth headsets “should” work
    But tbh I have no idea how to set it up.

[quote]
    Any other headset that relies on bluetooth for chat will not work at all. If you have something that relies on USB for chat (like the Astro mixamps and Astro A50 wireless system), you’ll eventually be able to use those. An update will be coming in the future.

Any headset that relies on digital optical for game audio will continue to provide that out of the box. You just won’t be able to chat yet.

[/quote]

Hopefully this will help out:

Someone on reddit compiled a large list of all headsets that work or doesnt work on ps4 as of yet.

Sorry bro you might want to find out about the Xbox One instead of the ps4?

Quote from Gamefaqs:

That bluetooth adapter won’t work, the Xbox One controller uses an audio jack similar to a USB connector, you can clearly see this here http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_headset_and_play_and_charge_kit_revealed.html

Certain TBs will be compatible with the Xbox One, mainly those which use an optical cable, however only for game audio, NOT voice chat. You can find a list on Turtle Beach’s website here http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517530/

Of note is the DSS and the DSS2, they are not headsets but a virtual surround sound adapter so if you have one of those then you should be good with all TB’s, I have the X12′s and I believe that they should work ok.

As for the headset issue, until MS releases the 3rd party headset adapter you are unable to use the mics on existing headsets. However there should be work around, use the Kinect as your mic, initially MS weren’t going to include a headset and you were to use the Kinect’s mics for voice chat so you.

NVM thats old news :P

#8 1 year ago
  9. polygem

i like that i will be able to use my in ear vita headphones/headset with the ps4, or use the headset that comes with the ps4 under my regular wireless headphones, or use my headphones and the camera (if i´d have one)as a mic.
    many options. i like it. being able to upgrade the hdd that easy is also a huge plus for me. i hope that both, ps4 and x1 will allow externals as well at some point though. works great with my wiiu and i would love to buy the exact same external for the ps4 for some shiny desktop setup symetry :)

#9 1 year ago