Persona 4 Vol. 2 spotted, new teaser video out as Atlus confirms major announcement on Sunday

Saturday, 23rd November 2013 16:29 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Persona fans sit up and take notice: another update suggests Japanese developer Atlus is finally ready to reveal the next game in the much-praised RPG series.

In a teaser update translated by Gematsu, Atlus confirmed that a “big Persona announcement” if coming in its Nico Nico livestream this Sunday.

The confirmation comes following a series of teases. To start with, Atlus has made a minor update to the series’s Japanese teaser site, adding boxes which shake and reveal Teddy when clicked.

“So what,” you ask, your voice brimming with disdain for insubstantial news articles. So this, and also this, you numbskull; something major is going on at Atlus and it almost certainly rhymes with “Her known car jive”.

Shortly after this update, AllGamesBeta turned up a reference to “Golden 2 Persona 4″ and “Persona 4 Vol. 2″ in the credits of the voice actor for Persona 4′s Nanako Dojima, which suggests that instead of a new numbered entry, we may be looking at a follow-up to Persona 4.

As if all that weren’t enough, Atlus is reviving its Persona magazine, according to Gematsu. The magazine is due on December 5, and is titled #Re:birth.

Today, a trailer – and hopefully the final tease – has appeared. The tease aired on the countdown to Sunday night’s Persona reveal and you can watch it below.

Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks, and probably glue them to Spike VGX, too.

Thanks, AllGamesBeta.

1. Obernox

I can BEARly believe it.

#1 9 months ago
  2. MarcoosVGC

You know that the ultrasound site was for Conception II… Right?

#2 9 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

According to allgamesbeta, the voiceactress for Nanako Dojima lists ‘Persona 4, Vol. 2′ and ‘Golden 2 Persona 4′ in her resume:

As much as I was hoping for a Persona 5, this isn’t bad at all.

#3 9 months ago
  4. MarcoosVGC

#3 isn’t it a bit strange that she’s listed them separately..? Meaning that there would be a version for home consoles and one for handhelds, releaesed at the same time… Which is weird…

#4 9 months ago
  5. Brenna Hillier

@MarcoosVGC I think the teaser relates to multiple announces, of which Conception 2 is only the first. It says “center for new releaseS“, and there are at least five entries listed – Persist 5, Gold 4, S|C 2, C2 and Trint 2.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Obernox

Perhaps a remake with an optional female MC like P3P. Honestly, i would rather see P5 than a P4 remake or sequel.

#6 9 months ago
  7. Hunam

I think everyone wants Atlus to stop stalling and make P5.

#7 9 months ago
  8. fihar

Well, a Persona is always better than no Persona.
    But yeah, I’d rather have a new one too.

#8 9 months ago
  9. Dragon

Looks gooooood :D
    Just want something on Vita, hopefully.

#9 9 months ago
  10. MarcoosVGC

Ah, good point Brenna! :-)

#10 9 months ago
  11. Rosseu

thanks for the news

#11 9 months ago
  12. Dragon

@Brenna,
    Here is the official teaser page-

We will probably know what it is on Sunday.

One more point, I doubt we will see anything regarding this on VGX. Demographics are too different.

#12 9 months ago
  13. Clupula

@12 – Exactly. The dudebro Mountain Dew crowd couldn’t give a fuck about Persona… unless it’s a gritty FPS spinoff we’re talking about.

#13 9 months ago
  14. Stephany Nunneley

Post updated with new teaser video. Moved up so you could find it.

#14 9 months ago
  15. monkeygourmet

I wonder what platform / platforms it will be on?

#15 9 months ago
  16. Erthazus

It will be for platforms that Sega is friends with.

#16 9 months ago
  17. Exicuren

@2 It’s not only for Conception 2, the teaser site also has Trint2 which is a reference to Trine 2 that was published by Atlus for consoles, there’s also the Gold4 and Persist5, we don’t need to go further, they’re practically given; the only one that isn’t confirmed what the hell is S|C 3.

Maybe I’m trying to see more than i should, but Atlus is known for cryptic stuff.

#17 9 months ago
  18. mokinokaro

Trint2 is actually probably referring to a sequel to the Persona 3: Trinity anime.

#18 9 months ago
  19. Ryu2388

I have always wanted to play a Persona game, but, watching videos and talking to people turns me away from doing so. I like older anime (Vampire Hunter D, Lodoss War, Berserk, etc.), but, the bubbly, blatantly over sexualized cliches of newer anime is all I notice and hear about from people online. Is this all just an over analyzation on my part? Am I talking to wrong people?

I am new to this site and I like how it seems to be a smaller community. I haven’t come across many trolls and everyone seems to use some kind of logic when commenting, so, I figure that maybe I can get some actual answers in regards to how Persona is. I could just buy it and try it, but, I cannot bring myself to do so.

#19 9 months ago
  20. ayb91

Not P4-2. I just know that deep inside. Plus, all of these stations are new names and aren’t in P4. See?

#20 9 months ago
  21. Obernox

@19 You should definitely give the series a shot. Persona really gives an original and unique JRPG experience.
    Right now, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment is discounted on the US PSN for $4.99. Very excellent game, although the UI and graphics are a bit dated (it’s a PS1 game)

#21 9 months ago
  22. dizzygear

It could also refer to a console port of that next Persona 4 Arena game. At least i hope it is.

I’m kinda done with 4. We have a fighter spin-off that has the dubious honour of being the first and only region locked PS3 game, The Anime, the Manga, An assload of mechanise like figures, The PS2 version, the Vita port.

Enough is enough…

#22 9 months ago
  23. dizzygear

@19 Persona is part of the Shin Megami Tensei universe. Think Pokemon with demons.
    The Devil Survivor and Persona games are designed to be more friendly to newcomers to SMT than the mainline series.
    Their both worth checking out.

#23 9 months ago
  24. Ryu2388

@21 & 23: Thanks! That is the only pokemon comparison that I have ever heard lol. You can’t beat five bucks, though. I am gonna get it, thx for the heads up about the deal (I am sure that there have been other deals,But, things are often out of sight and out of mind).

#24 9 months ago
  25. marcus6291

It’s about goddamn time. I think it’s a little weird that it’s coming to ps3 and not ps4. I sank about 200 hours into p4g so I expect to have no life once this drops.

Also http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/24/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labryrinth-announced-for-3ds

This looks interesting. I’m not a fan of the art style but I’m sure that the game is gonna kick ass. We’ll just forget about that dancing game.

#25 9 months ago