Xbox One post-launch games look strong says Spencer, Halo tease dropped

Thursday, 21st November 2013 11:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One is out tomorrow, November 22, and while little has been announced for Microsoft’s post-launch release schedule, Phil Spencer has teased that gamers have little to worry about. Also, what’s this about the new Halo Phil?

It follows freshly published Ryse: Son of Rome reviews. As you can see from our round-up, it’s not been scoring all that well.

Speaking with Polygon, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer touted the company’s post-launch slate. He said, “Rolling into the next holiday, we haven’t announced everything that’s coming yet. But that lineup from first party also looks strong. I don’t mind saying that on 360, I think we had a gap. We had our launch lineup … and a couple Japanese games, but in that first half of the following year, we were a little dry from a first-party standpoint.

“But I look at the next 18 to 24 months, and really on a month by month basis, you’re going to have something you can go out and play. It’s not really a portfolio plan that way, but when I look at the way the portfolio is laying out … I think people are going to be happy with the lineup that’s coming. And I haven’t even mentioned when Halo is coming or some of the big mega franchises.”

So a new Halo within the next 24 months then, or is Spencer referring to Halo: Spartan Assault? Let us know below.

There’s also post-launch titles like Quantum Break, D4 and third-parties like The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny and Titanfall to look forward to.

Via OXM.

1. Kieran

Wouldnt suprise if it was a new halo going to be announced soonish because sony have uncharted 4. The last guardian and the order big games microsoft need a big tease when it comes to holding peoples interest to the x1

#1 1 year ago
  2. f1r3storm

A new Halo game? They have a new Halo game announced.

#2 1 year ago
  3. mistermogul

There’s no way I’m buying into X1 yet. Phil doesn’t sound very convincing here!

“I think we had a gap.” You mean like the 3 year Kinect-game gap?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Xbone

When I see this picture, it always reminds me of this:

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

(Gruff voice) “Gaps? Don’t talk to me about ‘gaps’…”

-Wii U owner

#5 1 year ago
  6. fengato

Pachter kept on referencing a new Halo coming soon in 2014 (in a Bonus Round episode). He might have been confused (or talking about the tablet game), but it will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves.

#6 1 year ago
  7. mistermogul

@5 – lol, yeah I know that gap very well!

(currently waiting for Mario 3D Land, last Wii U game Mario Bros Nov 12!)

#7 1 year ago
  8. tmac2011

lol is he serious? right now there are no games i want for next gen YO

#8 1 year ago
  9. Ireland Michael

I’d much rather know what those games are than simply be told they exist.

The proof is in the pudding, as they sad.

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheBlackHole

“or some of the big mega franchises.”

Gears of W4R?

#10 1 year ago
  11. Djoenz

Gears of W4R I definitely wanna play that. I hope a buddy of mine gets a Xbox One so I can play without buying the console.

#11 1 year ago
  12. mistermogul

@9 – Exactly I agree. I think MS should come clean about what some of these games are because apart from Halo/Titanfall there doesn’t seem to be much on the x1 horizon…

#12 1 year ago
  13. zoopdeloop

“But that lineup from first party also looks strong”

first party?what???

#13 1 year ago
  14. bradk825

If Halo goes next-gen only, it’ll seriously boost console sales. If they want to gain ground on hardware, that’s what they should do.

#14 1 year ago
  15. mistermogul

@15 – yeah true forgot about those… :)

#15 1 year ago