Xbox One interface walkthrough: watch us explore the dash, store and snap here

Wednesday, 20th November 2013 12:19 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One reviews have landed, and our very own Brenna Hillier has produced a video tour of Microsoft’s new UI, along with the store, pins and snap function. Watch it here.

We posted a round-up of the critic’s Xbox One console reviews yesterday, along with my unboxing thoughts and photos. Get them all through the link.

What do you make of Xbox One so far? Let us know below.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Just try shouting at Pat, anyway.

It might work.

#1 1 year ago
  2. bradk825

@1, lol, that would be sweet. “Pat, go home.”

The interface looks pretty easy to get used to and I like the pins. There will be a couple of go-to games and apps that I use a lot and it’ll be nice to have them right there. Netflix for example, without going to video apps first and scrolling to it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Animeboy413

@2, Lol XD

#3 1 year ago
  4. Ireland Michael

I really don’t know why, but I absolutely can not tolerate the look of this interface, and I *like* Metro on the 360 and Windows. It’s all just so… barren. The Metro implementation reeks of excess.

Does anyone if the format is going to have downloadable / custom backgrounds? Because the constant black is just downright depressing.

#4 1 year ago
  5. bradk825

@4 I would think so but there hasn’t been any such communication that I know of. But I know they made bucks last gen selling custom themes, and would often give free ones during promos. You would think somewhere in the multitude of settings there should be something for backgrounds and colours.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ddtd

@4 – Not at launch.

That’s becoming the new catch phrase for this year. :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. KineticCalvaria

Brenna has a voice… oh my.

#7 1 year ago
  8. DeVitowned

Mmmm, Brenna.

Oh yeah, I like the look of the UI. Like the PS4 UI too.

#8 1 year ago
  9. bradk825

@7 LOL, did you think she chose writing because she’s mute? I suppose it would make a lot of sense come to think of it. Has anyone confirmed Dave or Pat can speak?

#9 1 year ago
  10. polygem

“vg247, delete trolls”
    “vg247, de-le-te trolls”
    “i said…vg…ahh, *snap*, forget it, doesn’t work”

#10 1 year ago
  11. bradk825

@10 HA! If only, lol.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Francis O

This looks incomplete. Its just a bunch of square with solid black background.

#12 1 year ago