Twitch has announced that it will not release on Xbox One until sometime during the first part of 2014. You will still be able to watch streaming through the service, you just won’t be able to stream from the console.
Along with a list of features available with the app on Xbox One, the firm issued the following statement regarding why Twitch streaming won’t launch alongside Xbox One.
“We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community,” said the firm in a statement on Microsoft’s Xbox Wire site. “So while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready.”
As previously announced, spectators will be able earn media achievements such as the Night Owl achievement for watching late at night; join 100,000 viewers simultaneously watching a broadcast on Twitch to earn the Standing Room Only achievement.
There will be 10 Achievements at launch with the Twitch viewing experience.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to earn each:
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become theTalent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday
The firm said its goal is to deliver Twitch streaming during the first part of 2014.