Get Super Mario 3D Land free when you register a participating Nintendo game and 3DS system

Tuesday, 19th November 2013 17:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those in the UK who pick up a shiny new 3DS or 3DS XL and a game or two between now and January 13 can register their purchases through Club Nintendo and be handed a free digital copy of Super Mario 3D Land.

All you have to do is log in, register your handheld and one of the following games to be eligible:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi’s Mansion 2
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Lost World (3DS)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Bravely Default (including Deluxe Collector’s Edition)
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Kart 7
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Once you have registered your game and system, you can head over to Nintendo UK’s website to request your Mario 3D Land code.

The offer does not apply to currently registered 3DS systems.

Thanks, Eurgoamer.

1. Panthro

Awesome; Lucky I haven’t registered my 3DS, DK: Country, Mario Kart or Pokemon Y yet…

EDIT – Thought the post was referring to 3D World, damn my ignorant eyes for not reading the title properly.

#1 8 months ago
  2. braindead1981

As of this writing, the article talks about “Super Mario 3D Land” but is illustrated with what seems to be an image that clearly shows “Super Mario 3D WORLD”. Not sure if that’s not a bit confusing for people.

#2 8 months ago
  3. mistermogul

@2 – Yes I was confused by the same thing.

Thought it was a bit odd you get a Wii U game for registering 3DS stuff!

#3 8 months ago
  4. Panthro

Actually, I already have a boxed copy of 3D land…

so if anybody is interested and wants my redeem code for pokemon X can have it via paypal.

I will even send the unscrubbed leaflet it comes in through the post.

#4 8 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Sweeeeet! I haven’t registered my new XL yet. I’ve played through this before but sold my standard 3DS (Mario was digital).

Can’t wait to play this again in the build up too 3D World! :)

#5 8 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@2 & 3 It’s because the picture is listed in the library as 3D Land. Not my bad this time.

I will fix it in a minute.

#6 8 months ago
  7. braindead1981

@6 would’ve been too nice to actually get 3D World for “free”. Maybe same time next year. ;)

#7 8 months ago
  8. Stephany Nunneley

@7 It would have made me buy a 3DS XL right away!

#8 8 months ago
  9. kupocake

@4 Wouldn’t it make more sense to go through the process, get the download code and sell your boxed copy of 3DS Land? You’d get more money that way, and there’s even a utility on the eShop that allows you to backup your saves off a 3DS cart for use them on the download version.

Not that I don’t sympathise with wanting to have a box sitting there on your shelf for a Mario title :)

#9 8 months ago
  10. braindead1981

@8 I am already getting a Zelda-3DS-XL now, simply can’t resist. Not sure what to do with my regular 3DS, but I guess that’s pretty much the definition of a first world problem. ;)

#10 8 months ago
  11. monkeygourmet

How do I claim?

I’ve just registerd Mario Kart 7 and my 3DSXL?

#11 8 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

Read the damn article “you can head over to Nintendo UK’s website to request your Mario 3D Land code.”

Pester Nintendo now ;)

#12 8 months ago
  13. Legendaryboss

Or

“Step 2
    Log in to Club Nintendo 24 hours later and check the promotional banners for your free download code. The deadline for claiming the download code is 22:59 (UK time) on February 13th 2014.”

“Step 3
    Use your download code in Nintendo eShop before 22:59 (UK time) on March 13th 2014 to download SUPER MARIO 3D LAND for free!”

Suffer for a day.

#13 8 months ago
  14. monkeygourmet

^

I’d already done all that but didn’t see the 24hour wait thing! :)

#14 8 months ago
  15. Eliv

@13 And between November 27th and January 13th 2014, if you register a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system and one of 15 top games, you can claim a free download code for SUPER MARIO 3D LAND with our SUPER MARIO 3D LAND Welcome Promotion!

#15 8 months ago
  16. monkeygourmet

Also, at anyone lurking, i may have a game code (or will do in the next few weeks) for some of the titles above.

If you have a 3DS un-registered, your welcome to ask me for it on here and you can claim a free copy of Mario 3D Land.

I will be getting P Layton, Zelda, Mario Dream team etc… So there may be more than one code going spare.

#16 8 months ago
  17. monkeygourmet

Aww piss, I hope I haven’t done it too early… I just did that with my GTX 780… :/

#17 8 months ago
  18. monkeygourmet

@Steph

You owe me a Mario game! :)

Your article says between ‘now’ and jan 13th…

#18 8 months ago
  19. jason9540

#19 8 months ago
  20. polygem

uk only huh?

#20 8 months ago
  21. monkeygourmet

I think so, I’ve done that before in their deals.

#21 8 months ago
  22. Legendaryboss

We get the free “Magic” while you suffer :)

#22 8 months ago
  23. monkeygourmet

;)

#23 8 months ago
  24. ww3pl

@4, @15

What do you propose? Me and my girlfriend would love to play, but so far we don’t have the possibility of getting any of the titles (although she’s got the AC from the bundle).

… not mentioning the fact that since we’re from Poland, we need to register our consoles on the UK profile.
    ’cause Nintendo doesn’t exist here, and since we got our machines from the British Amazon, well, what’s the worst that can happen. I got tons of unused codes from the DS games, so I’ll finally have the chance to redeem them.

Is transferring the Nintendo Club from one account to another actually possible?

#24 8 months ago
  25. monkeygourmet

I didn’t realise it was UK only. It may be tricky because of Nintendo’s shitty region locking…

When the deal goes live on the 29th well see if it’s available in more countries. I’ll start a thread if I can remember! :)

#25 8 months ago
  26. ww3pl

I’m already registered on the UK (just did it), so I guess now there’s just one way to find out.

#26 8 months ago