Killzone: Shadow Fall dev has no plans to support 3D

Monday, 18th November 2013 16:00 GMT By Sherif Saed

Killzone: Shadow Fall came out along with the PlayStation 4 last week and the game currently has no 3D options available. A fan took to Twitter to ask Guerrilla Games if they intend to support the feature in the future. They got a response on the matter.

The developer replied saying, “We currently don’t have any plans for 3D support, but I’ll pass your request along to the team.” The Killzone franchise was once at the forefront of Sony’s 3D push back when Killzone 3 came out but it appears the fad is no-longer a priority.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Hcw87

3D gaming is overrated (atleast on consoles).

3D TV’s with allready horrible input lag will increase the lag even more when running in 3D. Which is not great when playing an FPS.

#1 9 months ago
  2. AdriantoGrey

3D gaming sucks anyways. Haven’t had a good experience with it yet! I find everything about 3D just annoying…. on gaming and films!

#2 9 months ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

So weird…Sony’s gaming division have ditched 3D at a time when it seems nearly impossible to buy a new TV without it included in some way or another; Sony themselves are as guilty of this as any other manufacturer. Mixed messages yo.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Beta

Good. Such a gimmicky feature.

#4 9 months ago
  5. Judicas

I’ve seen and own quite a few 3d films but haven’t found a 3d game really worth playing in 3d yet.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Llewelyn_MT

So it’s a 2D shooter then?

#6 9 months ago
  7. Malmer

I don’t understand why so many people dislike 3D in gaming. I’ve played through most of the 3D console games out there, and to me it makes a world of difference. It must be that most people who try 3D gaming are sitting too far away from the TV or have sub-par equipment. Can’t see how they can dislike it otherwise. I’m gaming on a projector with basically zero ghosting and very good colors, and if I had any choice in the matter I’d love for all games to have 3D support.

#7 9 months ago