Battlefield 4: PS4 crash fix and PC, Xbox 360 patches incoming says DICE

Monday, 18th November 2013 11:36 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has updated fans regarding a game-crashing issue on PS4. It has detailed new patches for Sony’s console, as well as the PC and Xbox 360 builds.

It follows confirmation that Battlefield 4 PC was hit by DDoS attacks over the weekend.

Now, a post in the Battlelog forum has spooled off the following fixes due to drop soon:

PS4 stability issues
We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!

X360 game update
We have an upcoming game update for BF4 on X360 that is currently undergoing final testing. We are hoping to get this update live soon, and will let you know as soon as it has passed final stages of testing and is ready for deployment.

PC game update
We have a new game update in the works for BF4 on PC aimed at fixing a number of remaining issues in the game. We will have more details on the contents of this update and a rough timing estimate at a later date. You can always find the latest information on upcoming updates in this thread.

Have you encountered any issues in Battlefield 4 recently? Let us know below.

Via Eurogamer.

1. Droid

As far as I can see for PC they still need to fix game freezes, disconnects, sound bugs on certain maps and network issues. A fairly hefty list. Hope they sort these out.

#1 1 year ago
  2. TD_Monstrous69

The only issue I’ve had when playing BF4 on my PS4 was that certain game modes just weren’t working (online that is), other than that, runs just fine.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Xbone

Since the last pc update, I crash more often and the performance is much worse. There are maps I cant play cause I crash instantly.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DonnerKebab

I’ve had more than my fair share of crashes, but what made finally rage uninstall (yep one anger point above ‘rage quitting’) was the oft-quoted netcode issue i.e. hits not registering at all, unexplained deaths behind cover, and ‘Killed in Action’ bizarreness.

#4 1 year ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

I stopped playing on PC because I almost broke my hand a 2nd time punching the wall… It’s a brick wall… I know, really stupid, should kick it instead…

Anyway, glad I didn’t get premium.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Phat

LOL! I think that you should not buy a PS4 or Xbox One at the moment and of course I have reasons for saying that. You can see it here: http://lovingtheclassicsreviewsite.net/trend/why-you-ought-to-wait-before-purchasing-an-xbox-one-or-ps4/

#6 1 year ago