Blood Bowl 2 shots show off Warhammer-themed stadium

Friday, 15th November 2013 15:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blood Bowl 2, currently in the works at Cyanide Studios, has two screenshots available for you to gaze upon with wonder. It’s looking pretty swish thanks to the firm’s new engine. The game will contain not only League Mode and multiplayer, but a solo campaign as well. Have a look at the two shots below showing off the teams and the Warhammer-themed stadium. The game is development for PC and is currently without a release date.

1. VibraniumSpork

Man, I hope this gets some form of release on next-gen; looks great. Plus, Blood Bowl was the game that introduced me to Games Workshop way back when, and it’s probably the closest we’ll ever get to a Mutant League Football reboot -_-

#1 10 months ago
  2. DSB

I’m gonna be going back to school soon. But I’m actively considering game dev…

And I’m 99% sure that if I ever learned to code, I would work on a turnbased RPG version of Mutant League Football as my grand opus. It would be like bloodbowl, except fun and engaging. Spreadsheets, spreadsheets everywhere.

I’ve heard that making games means you have to do math though, so I dunno… Math is like the devils playground. It really only brings misery and death.

#2 10 months ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

@2 So much win in this comment. Best of luck with the schooling man, and a “turnbased RPG version of Mutant League Football,” sounds as good a reason as any to go back. Seriously, I’d buy that ;)

#3 10 months ago
  4. Phoenixblight

Good for you if you plan on going back to school on the designer remark. I would point you to:

Really what I would suggest is finding something to specialize in 3d modeling, programming, animation, production and going for design from there. Every single Designer I know has gone this route and they are better for it otherwise you won’t get a job except for testing which pays horribly(most of the time minimum wage) Also 3d modeling, animation and programing get paid considerably a lot more. THis is all assuming you want to work for someone, if you want to go for yourself then you will have to learn everything and be functional enough to make a game with that knowledge or get with other developers to do so.

Another suggestion if you are looking for schools with this type of program make sure the program enforces projects with people and without because most of the time the diploma mills just put you in this enclosed environment and have you make a game by a tutorial which is the opposite of what real word development is. Also steer away from those design tracks that make you think its all about writing. It really isn’t.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Legion

Football on PC. Just a useless thought. They need to port it to a next Gen console soon.

#5 10 months ago