InFamous: Second Son – five minutes of gameplay turns up

Thursday, 14th November 2013 22:56 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Here’s a couple of minutes of direct-feed InFamous: Second Son gameplay, which has appeared online somewhat mysteriously.

It’s possible this video was released as part of Sony’s recent New York press junket for the PlayStation 4, but no other sites have gone live with footage, suggesting it may have been leaked ahead of an embargo. Better take a look at it now, in case Sony issues a take down.

As many of the video’s comments note, we’ve got a bit of a problem with now that we’ve gone next-gen, in that YouTube site’s compression and frame rate mean this kind of footage is not representative of what you’ll see when you have a PS4 or Xbox One hooked up to your HD telly.

A PS4 exclusive, InFamous will be dated this week, probably on SpikeTV’s PS4 All Access today; we’re not sure if it’s still coming in February, something we’ve expected since August.

1. Thugz99

looks gorgeous

#1 9 months ago
  2. TrickyAudio

Fuck, I want this now.

#2 9 months ago
  3. nervedamaged

imagine it in 1080p in your home…Cannot wait!

#3 9 months ago
  4. Erthazus

This game looks really nice. It’s a shame that devs didn’t used physX though. would be great to see particles all over Delsin’s face.

#4 9 months ago
  5. dontbescaredhomie92

Looks great, reminds me of prototype and I couldn’t get enough of that game.

#5 9 months ago
  6. CycloneFox

@5: i always saw infamous as the more dense prototype with better graphics and the option to be good too.
    but thats not all. the gameplay of infamous is just awesome. you can climb any edge you see or use your powers instead and find your own fighting style. its all really well done.

#6 9 months ago
  7. Phoenixblight

Yep Prototype was extremely half baked and didn’t have any depth to the gameplay, story. It was a very good romping game if he just want a sand box where you do nothing but torture and kill npcs and throw tanks.

#7 9 months ago
  8. dontbescaredhomie92

@6 I never actually played the other infamous games so I can’t comment on that but it sounds just like prototype 2, it was a very arcadey game but I think that was the charm of it.

I’ll have to keep this game in mind for sure though when I get round to picking up a PS4, such a shame this isn’t a launch title.

#8 9 months ago
  9. jomac3db

Must……have…..infamous second…….son (sigh)

#9 9 months ago
  10. Nephilimator

Wow makes xbone 361 look like shit ballz

#10 9 months ago
  11. Super Girevik

If this was a launch title, I would be having a fight to the death with the logical side of my brain.

At least I will have peace of mind until February 2014.

#11 9 months ago
  12. Moonwalker1982

Graphically very nice and clean. Smooth framerate too. All else…nothing too special. I enjoyed the first one a great deal, have yet to finish the second one. But so far SS really ain’t looking all that special to me, this footage…sorry…boring.

Maybe i just need to get used to the much more realistic/true to life look of the game, compared to the previously more cartoony look. I sure hope it won’t be a similar to Killzone SF case for me. I loved Killzone 3 and expected to look forward to SF a lot, but the more i saw of it, the less interested i got. And several reviews have confirmed that for me now as well. We’ll see about this one. Far from hyped yet.

#12 9 months ago
  13. Phoenixblight

They don’t show you but the finger scan will be done by the touch pad, the shooting and lifting up items as well. They had mention you will be able to switch power sets by using the touch pad as well. No game thus far announced utilizes the touchpad this much.

But I am a huge fan of this series. This game was a sole reason why I got a PS4 that and I had the money right now to purchase it.

#13 9 months ago
  14. ddtd

There’s some great particle effects going on.

#14 9 months ago
  15. Moonwalker1982

I probably will get interested in the game with more footage, but right now it’s just not doing much for me.

#15 9 months ago
  16. DSB

It doesn’t make it look very fun when he’s constantly using the same two abilities though.

#16 9 months ago
  17. Erthazus

^ this is like saying that shooting from M4 in the FPS is boring because you use only one weapon or so.

In inFamous you get enough abilities to destroy stuff. Everything else depends on the preference really.

#17 9 months ago
  18. DSB

So why not show a bit of versatility? Dude looks like Bomberman.

And M4′s are fucking boring. That’s why they’re mostly being taken out of games or devs are picking more interesting variants.

Comparing a Vietnam era assault rifle to a dude with magical world-destroying abilities is hardly a compliment to the guy with magical world-destroying abilities.

There used to be a group on the Bohemia forum that was against anyone making anymore goddamn M4′s for the ArmA games. People are sick of those.

#18 9 months ago
  19. Phoenixblight

Its the beginning of the game so all abilities are not there just like the previous games they unlock over a period of time. WOuld have been cool to see the Neon abilities.

The demo for this game always seems to be the same part.

#19 9 months ago
  20. The_Red

This is the one exclusive that seems to have it all: It looks stunning (Like Killzone SF and Ryse) AND has promising gameplay (Like Dead Rising 3 and unlike KZ and Ryse).

Hopefully the final game delivers.

#20 9 months ago