Demon’s Souls 2 PS4 reveal suggested by Driveclub delay leaker – rumour

Thursday, 14th November 2013 09:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Demon’s Souls 2 for PS4 has been touted by the same source that accurately leaked the Driveclub delay. It’s simply a rumour at this point, but judge for yourself here.

We now know that Sony is revealing more PS4 titles at a pre-launch event tonight in the States. Hideo Kojima has promised a ‘mind-blowing’ PS4 announcement at the show.

Now, NeoGAF member famousmortimer – the same chap that correctly leaked the Driveclub delay a month back – had this to say about the event, and a possible Demon’s Souls 2 announcement:

“It’s been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the “launch event” even was. But at that time I was told “They are thinking about showing the Demon’s Souls spiritual successor” there.

“Now many people here have been calling it Demon’s Souls 2… it might be. I’m just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

“Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I’m just sharing what I’ve been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don’t kill the messenger if i’m wrong.

“There’s things I’m certain about. This isn’t one of them.”

The original Demon’s Souls was a PS3-exclusive, so if a sequel does exist there’s every possibility it could be platform-exclusive as well, although in these days of multi-format spreads it’s anyone’s guess. There’s also the little matter of Dark Souls 2 launching in 2014, so a more likely scenario could be that he game mentioned above is a PS4 port.

It’s anyone’s guess right now. So to that end, what do you think?

Via GameFront.

1. dsr

The more Souls games the merrier!

I just hope its more fair, like Dark Souls and not stupidly imbalanced like Demon Souls.

Actually, I’d rather have Dark Souls 2 on next gen.

#1 10 months ago
  2. redwood

ds2 will be a ps exclusive but a D-spiritual-successor does not have to be an exclusive.

#2 10 months ago
  3. polygem

AND a dark souls 2 ps4 port please?

@1: i really enjoyed both but i actually prefered the more linear structure of demons souls. that game, easily, is among the best i have ever played.

#3 10 months ago
  4. No_PUDding

He later took it back Dave.

He said it’s not going to be there.

#4 10 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

That would be amazing! :)

The best game on the PS3 IMO. Dat atmosphere!

#5 10 months ago
  6. Dragon

@Dave,
    Sorry to tell ya, but its old, like really old rumour, about 2 weeks old.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Clupula

“The original Demon’s Souls was a PS3-exclusive, so if a sequel does exist there’s every possibility it could be platform-exclusive as well, although in these days of multi-format spreads it’s anyone’s guess.”

You do know that the original Demon’s Souls was a first party title in Japan and that Sony owns the ip, right?

There’s no possibility of Demon’s Souls 2 being multiplatform.

#7 10 months ago
  8. The_Red

FUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK….
    This is it. If a true Demon’s Souls sequel comes out on PS4, then all other consoles die for me. Dark Souls was fun but returning to the world of Demons…

#8 10 months ago
  9. Telepathic.Geometry

I wish this were true, I still rate Demon’s as the better game. Dark Souls, it has to be said, is a blatant copy of Demon’s Souls. And I know it’s the same devs, and I’m not hating on Dark Souls (I love it too, and I’ve platted the two o’them), but the differences between the two games are so few it’s amazing that Dark Souls still feels fresh.

#9 10 months ago
  10. o0die

This would be incredible and it would make my week/month/year :)

#10 10 months ago
  11. Obernox

I don’t think it’ll happen with Dark Souls around.

Prove me wrong though :)

#11 10 months ago
  12. Nephilimator

Lolol xbone gets left over scraps from Sony.

#12 10 months ago
  13. o0die

Watch us fanboys eat our words as they announce another indie :p I just wat demon’s souls & last guardian, is that really to much to ask :(

#13 10 months ago
  14. Darkfield

OH HELL YEAH!!! Austin 3:16 style. This is a game worth buying a console for.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Sagefreke

@9 There are so many differences between the two it is hilarious you could suggest otherwise. Just to clarify my expertise of these games I have had both of them launch and have pretty much stuck to them almost completely so I suppose I notice the differences between the games more than others HOWEVER, the big ones are:
    1. Dark souls has a much more accessible story
    2. Demon’s souls has a deeper character personality but not so much story
    3. the game-play in dark is perfected
    but most importantly Demons souls is closer to a horror game whereas Dark souls is more of an adventure game. Think I am wrong? go pick up Demons and night and play through 3-1.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Obernox

^^^ That entire level was creepy as fuck.

#16 10 months ago