PlayStation App has been updated on Android and iOS with a stack of PS4-friendly content and features ahead of the console’s North American launch on Friday.
Although a PlayStation app has been available for a few years now, the new version has a couple of extra features and has a new visual style reminiscent of the PS4’s user interface.
The app’s feature list is as follows. It’s worth noting that the chat system is cross-platform with Vita and PS4.
- See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
- Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4 system.
- Browse PlayStation Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4 system so they are ready when you get home.
- Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
- Quickly access PlayStation system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
The PlayStation 4 arrives in North America on November 15 and comes to Europe and selected further territories on November 29.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.