Rockstar has announced the Beach Bum update, which is free, will arrive for GTA Online next week. It comes with new weapons, jobs and more.
The update also includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals as well as Gang Attacks.
Here’s a list of some of the content to expect :
- “Grass Route II” (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- “Survival on Del Perro Pier” (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- “View of Vespucci” (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- “Paleto Beach” (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ‘em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- “Sundae Driving” (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
New vehicles include the BF Bifta dune buggy, Canis Kalahari off-road truck, Bravado Paradise beach camper van and the Speeder speedboat makes a return. All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website and the Speeder available via docktease.com on your in-game phone.
These vehicles are also available in Story Mode for Michael, Trevor and Franklin and to access them, visit your garage and your Marina property.
Weapons included in the update are the SNS Pistol and the Broken Bottle melee weapon.
New customization options include beach-themed items such as board shorts, neon surfer attire, tribal tattoos, shaggy hair and more.
The Content Creator, full on cooperative Heists, and GTA Online’s take on Capture the Flag as well as new Story Mode updates are all in the pipeline as well.