InFamous: Second Son screens escape PS4 event in New York

Tuesday, 12th November 2013 00:08 GMT By Brenna Hillier

InFamous: Second Son will miss the PlayStation 4 launch by a couple of months, but it was on show at the PS4 review event in New York overnight, and these new screens and details arrived as a result.

The PlayStation Blog reports the game’s playable demo begins when protagonist Delsin and his brother Reggie, a police officer, are stopped at a Department of Unified Protection security checkpoint.

As well as melee attacks with a chain, Delsin has access to superpowers. His early powers are all smoke based and include shotgun-like smoke blasts, a ground-pounding area of effect attack, and teleporting around obstacles in smoke form. A variant of this power can be used in traversal, launching off cars.

Delsin can also absorb neon from signs to become a streak of light, using this to climb walls.

Take a look at the new InFamous: Second Son screenshots below. It’s due on PS4 in February.

1. Dark

I’m so hyped for this.

#1 10 months ago
  2. ddtd

I want.

That last screen looks really interesting. Didn’t they say that this new character isn’t limited to smoke but can absorb other powers?

#2 10 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

Yep. Yep.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Erthazus

looks nice and crisp. Woo. Solid textures on console. Impossibru.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Luciferous

@2 that’s one aspect of Neon abilities, think one journo described it as running at Flash like speeds and being able to flow up buildings, sounded dead sexy!

#5 10 months ago
  6. jomac3db

This is my most anticipated ps4 title so far

#6 10 months ago
  7. Super Girevik

This game keeps enticing me to buy a Playstation 4. Good thing it comes out on February 2014, right after the 2014 CES (Valve is set to reveal a lot of information on the Steam Machine at the show).

Although I know eventually I will own this game :)

#7 10 months ago
  8. Eon

This is certainly the game I envy the PS4 for. I enjoyed the originals although found them somewhat forgettable, it looks like they’ve seriously cranked it up a few notches. I’ll no doubt get to play it or own it one day, but getting my X1 as my first of the new consoles next week.

You have to love them particle effects, the new thing to go crazy with in next gen titles apparently. I’m sure I’ll get sick of their overuse one day, but until then I will be blown away by the spectacle of it all.

#8 10 months ago
  9. polygem

looks great. i totally loved the first infamous. the gameplay is so smooth and fun. i was pretty disappointed by 2 though. couldn’t connect to the characters at all (the side characters have been awful!) and found it just as repetitive as most open world games. combat still was rock solid and tons of fun though. i will pick up second son for sure. it looks like they nailed the gameplay…unfortunately, that main character…can’t connect. we’ll see.

#9 10 months ago