PS4 gets official and unofficial unboxing videos

Monday, 11th November 2013 02:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

PlayStation 4 now has an official unboxing video, following the early release of a fan effort over the weekend.

The official unboxing video shows off what’s included in the North American box, namely: the console itself, with a 500GB drive; a network voucher; a quick start guide; a DuckShock 4; an HDMI cable; a power cord; a USB charging cable; and a mono headset.

Below the official video is one put together by YouTube regular boogie2988 in his Francis incarnation, which while surprisingly early seems to have official sanction, as it was tweeted out by SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida.

Thanks, Gematsu, GameInformer.

1. freerider69

if a friend buys ps4 can u play with him off your ps3

#1 5 months ago
  2. Clupula

God, what a gross, fat bastard he is. I wonder if he’s seen his own penis in years.

Anyway, the PS4 controller feels too heavy for me. I’m sure whenever I pick up the system, which will probably be in 2015, I’ll get used to it, but for now, it is uncomfortable to hold.

#2 5 months ago
  3. TMRNetShark

@Clupula

Um, go away? That’s his character… to parody the douche, self-entitled, guys who play online games. It’s called comedy with references to video game culture.

Then again, he got a PS4 before you (and most other people)… so he’s just a little more important than you. ;)

#3 5 months ago
  4. Templar_Dante

Clupula. Dude, grow up.

#4 5 months ago
  5. Christopher Jack

@1, I’d imagine a few small games may support that but I doubt that with the majority.

#5 5 months ago
  6. Super Girevik

“a DuckShock 4″

#6 5 months ago
  7. aaron_avelino

@Clupula I think he’s seen it and most importantly used it, the dude just got married you know.

#7 5 months ago
  8. Telepathic.Geometry

I can’t watch that guy when he’s in character, which is a shame, because I like to listen to him when he isn’t.

#8 5 months ago
  9. polygem

“The PS4 launches on November 15 in North America and on November 29 in Europe and beyond.”

please don’t do it vg247. don’t join that beyond crap. it’s one of the most annoying things on the internet.

can’t wait to unwrap that thing nov 29!

BEYO….!!! wait…

edit: loving the wind waker reference in the official sony video ;)

#9 5 months ago
  10. unacomn

Something occurred to me. If Dualshock 3 is Sixaxis, is Dualshock 4 Octoaxis?

#10 5 months ago
  11. Clupula

@3 – Oh no, he has something I don’t plan on getting until there’s an abundance of games for it before I do!

However will I deal? I’ll be missing out on on all those games that aren’t out yet, so I couldn’t play them anyway. The horror!

@7 – You can use it without seeing it. Larger people have sex all the time. I didn’t ask if he was using it. I asked if he could see it.

#11 5 months ago
  12. FeaturePreacher

Love that commercial. Even though I’m probably the only one who thinks so, it would be great to get a pair of unboxing gloves with each ps4.

#12 5 months ago
  13. KAP

A great video of PS4 UI and ability to switch from game to web browser (5mins in)

#13 5 months ago
  14. Ireland Michael

@2 Not only has he recently gotten married, he’s actually incredibly articulate and well spoken when he turns the act off. The whole thing is played for laughs.

He’s also fully aware that he’s chronically obese. Excuse him for being human and not living a perfect life.

@13 Initial loading of tiles some awfully sluggish. That’s one thing I’ve always disliked about the PS3 interface, and it seems awfully lazy that they haven’t worked that out for this hardware.

Transitions seem very smooth though, and that whole interface feels a damn sight cleaner and more intuitive than the Xbox One’s.

#14 5 months ago
  15. Fin

Toshi!!

Not wild about them loading times though (of the tiles under the game).
    Goddamn the popping back into Knack was instant.

#15 5 months ago
  16. larasactua

I still dont understand why they let us in Europe suffer, and we have to wait 2 weeks more. Especially since PlayStation won the console war in Europe and has the most loyal fans here, this is just stupid.

#16 5 months ago
  17. Clupula

Well, it’s a shame he’s already married then, since you all love him so much.

Well, maybe you’ll all get lucky and he’ll become a polygamist.

#17 5 months ago
  18. Dragon

@16,
    May well be to manage the server load on day one.

#18 5 months ago
  19. Ireland Michael

@16 Consider 2 weeks a blessing. 10 years ago, you’d have to wait half a year to get new hardware in your hands.

@17 Or maybe we simply just don’t feel the need to mock and insult people based on how they look.

#19 5 months ago
  20. CyberMarco

#20 5 months ago
  21. _LarZen_

@2 You need a beating and some soap in your filthy mouth. If it was up to me you would be banned for writing crap like that.

Learn some manners and try again.

#21 5 months ago
  22. Clupula

@21 – Says the guy saying I need to have physical violence inflicted upon me. If anything, THAT is the type of thing that should get a person banned.

Learn some manners and try again.

#22 5 months ago
  23. Daniel_N7

I think it’s an awesome gesture for Sony to send a PS4 early to Boogie/Francis, with the sanction of Shuhei Yoshida himself. It really is…

#23 5 months ago
  24. MadFlavour

There was something kind of creepy about the official unboxing.

#24 5 months ago
  25. Djoenz

Official Daft Punk set/tribute?
    I saw the daft punk one pretty nifty.

#25 5 months ago
  26. fearmonkey

@Clupula – Boogie (The guy who does Francis) Is a pretty cool guy, and if you take the time to watch his videos, you would probably like him. Everyone has issues, I would worry about the mote in your own eye before calling out others.

#26 5 months ago