Warframe PS4: free pre-order exclusives revealed

Friday, 8th November 2013 10:43 GMT By Dave Cook

Warframe PS4 developer Digital Extremes has released details of the game’s pre-order goodies. It’s a free-to-play title sure, but you can still get some extras at no additional cost if you order it ahead of the console’s launch.

The incentive was detailed over on PS Blog US. You can pre-order the Warframe: Ultimate Fan Pack absolutely free of charge over on the Sony Entertainment store or via PSN before November 12.

It includes a PlayStation Braton Rifle weapon skin, 50 Platinum currency, and 20,000 Credits for spending on new gear for your Tenno warrior.

I recently interviewed Digital Extremes and we discussed how it ported a working build of Warframe from PC to PS4 in just three months. Check it out through the link.

Via Destructoid.

1. bitsnark

Hopefully this incentive will be replicated on the EU store too!

#1 5 months ago
  2. polygem

#1+1

#2 5 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

I’ll just add it on my secondary US account just to make sure! :)

#3 5 months ago
  4. VibraniumSpork

‘Tis undeniably pretty…can’t find many people who have much good to say about it after playing the PC build through >_<

#4 5 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

I’ve been enjoying the occasional blast on this on the PC, quite a fun shotter and as stated above, looks great.

Is this F2P on PS4? If it is, it’s a no brainer!

#5 5 months ago
  6. viralshag

The PC version is bit of a mess and I struggle to get into it.

The PS4 version, from the short time I got to play of it, was better. Some nice usage of the touch pad on the DS4, simply swipe in a direction to use a special power.

It was neat but not ideal for aiming as you have to remove your thumb from one of the sticks. I can’t help but think the touch pad would have been better off on the back of the DS4.

#6 5 months ago
  7. monkeygourmet

“The PC version is bit of a mess and I struggle to get into it.”

How so?

It was pretty much the first game I tried and sold me on the ease of use of the PC. 360 pad worked straight off the bat, it detected my settings perfectly and I was instantly playing with a co-op team within minutes.

I realised how far PC gaming had come based on an hour with this title.

#7 5 months ago
  8. viralshag

@7, Not all the menu controls work with a pad and it’s far from a smooth operation when it does.

When you join a game, if you’re lucky it will be near the start. If not you’re going to spend half the time running around looking for the rest of your team.

Apart from that I just don’t think it’s a very good game.

#8 5 months ago
  9. absolutezero

I’ll second what viral said aswell, its just not all that much fun to play after the first couple of hours.

It all blends into an endless set of identi0kit corridors and boring enemies. The whole ninja cyborg idea is so under cooked to be more or less a waste of time, theres just not all that much call for any acrobatics because the level design is so lacking.

#9 5 months ago
  10. viralshag

Agreed, they have a cool idea and a good look but the acrobatics are let down by a generally poor control system, imo.

It wants to play a bit like Vanquish but just doesn’t pull off the simplicity, smoothness or fun of that game.

You CAN slide, shoot, wall jump and wall run but you very rarely ever NEED to do any of it. Enemies generally are slow lumbering easy kills.

#10 5 months ago