Call of Duty: Ghosts – GAME Stratford midnight launch video shows excited fans

Tuesday, 5th November 2013 13:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GAME’s flagship store in the Stratford district of East London, opened it’s doors at midnight for the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts. Many were there, ready to walk away with the latest from Infinity Ward, and you can see how things fared below. The game is out worldwide today on PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 and will launch alongside PS4 and Xbox One later this month. Hit up our reviews round up for all the scores here, and have a look at our complete single-player walkthrough while you’re at it.

1. VibraniumSpork

Thank you Based COD.

#1 9 months ago
  2. CyberMarco

pity…

#2 9 months ago
  3. FuntimeBen

So the guy first in line, waits all day to buy COD:Ghosts before anyone else, on a console which won’t be out for 10 more days.

Very sensible.

#3 9 months ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

What a bunch of… re… very patient people.

#4 9 months ago
  5. Hcw87

That nerd again?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/17/gta-5-midnight-launch-video-see-the-big-event-here/ (0:40)
    Good lord.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Ireland Michael

@5 He’s clearly happy. What else matters?

#6 9 months ago
  7. ninjanutta

I thought that,What a moron queing up for a ps4 copy that cant be played yet?why not just wait till its out?

#7 9 months ago
  8. Ireland Michael

@7 Because its fun to go to social gatherings with people and be excited about something..?

#8 9 months ago
  9. Dragon

@6,
    No. You are wrong. What matters is that he is buying it for a system I don’t like and hence, he is shit.

He is a also a dude and a bro. Using those 2 words together is supposedly a stereotype insult.

And of course, how dare he play a game I hate? That is just heresy.

#9 9 months ago
  10. KineticCalvaria

@5, rofl.

@6, Your very defensive… Michael is that you? :)

#10 9 months ago
  11. Ireland Michael

@9 Callz of Dudebro: Modern Fish Warfare AI: With Dogs

I care about CoD as little as any singular person possibly could, and I’m still failing to understand what people’s issue is here. Is this how people feel better about themselves or something?

@10 Funny. No, I just think its sad to insult random people we don’t know for simply enjoying something.

#11 9 months ago
  12. Dragon

“Is this how people feel better about themselves or something?”
    Yo new to da internetz bro?

#12 9 months ago
  13. Ireland Michael

@12 Just because I’m familiar with it doesn’t mean I have to like it. Apathy is probably one of the most appalling and unappealing emotion anyone can possibly possess to me.

You would think gaming, which is made up of a fair number geeky people who are probably more than familiar with unwarranted judgement and mockery, would be the last people to pass judgement on others. I guess not.

#13 9 months ago
  14. VibraniumSpork

@13 Agreed. Same thing with the people who call the next-gen early-adopters “Idiots.” I don’t get what’s not to be excited about…it’s the first new console in nearly a decade after all.

#14 9 months ago
  15. Hcw87

Indeed, jealousy taken to a whole other level.

I’m getting both consoles at launch, probably 3-4 games for each. Also bought BF4 for 360, and getting it for XB1 aswell.

Hate that all you want, but you’d wish you could do the same.

#15 9 months ago
  16. monkeygourmet

@Michael

I appreciate this ‘live and let live’ attitude, but it was only recently you made it clear you were avoiding slagging off COD on these forums. I’m glad you are now the better man, but probably best not to get righteous about things just yet.

#16 9 months ago
  17. Dragon

@13,
    Well, tough luck bro :D

@14,
    +1. Do whatever you like. Why does it matter if someone buys it earlier or later than you?
    I have an immense backlog and just not enough time for games (and watching EPL, anime, news and corporate numbers). So no next-gen for a while.
    In fact, early adopters form a very important source of revenue. Why would any tech take off if there weren’t any early adopters?

#17 9 months ago
  18. VibraniumSpork

@15 Also agreed. I’m paid up on the PS4 with 4 games at launch and have an XB1 Day One Edition on pre-order…will most likely flip the latter on eBay though. Not jazzed about the exclusives yet and – honestly – really don’t have the room in my entertainment center with XB1 not being able to stand vertically ;(

@17 Exactly. Someone has to take the plunge early! Ditto on on the backlog of games situation. Glad I’ve not to worry about trading the PS3 as I can see a fair few weeks (months?) early next year when the next-gen release schedule will be pretty quiet and I can get round to playing Remember Me, Arkham Origins, Sainst Row IV etc…a lot of life and enjoyment left in current gen.

#18 9 months ago
  19. tenthousandgothsonacid

My mate got posted his ps4 version yesterday by shopto. A lot easier than this bullshit and also a lot more annonymous.

#19 9 months ago
  20. tenthousandgothsonacid

@16 lol. Well played sir.

#20 9 months ago
  21. Ireland Michael

@16, That was a single post on the forums.

More importantly, it was a joke. I was taking the piss out of myself.

Anyway, this isn’t about the quality of the game. It’s about other people enjoying it.

#21 9 months ago
  22. monkeygourmet

I hope all their ID was checked as this is a 18+ rated title…

#22 9 months ago
  23. Fin

#23 9 months ago
  24. Hcw87

If they actually upheld that they’d lose about 30% of their sales.

#24 9 months ago
  25. monkeygourmet

Box art says PEGI 18?

Exactly. I would love to see sales figures for people actually old enough to play the game (based on age ratings)

#25 9 months ago
  26. Phoenixblight

SO what does that mean? You think the kids won’t have a parent buying it for them or get a family member old enough to do so? I did that for quite a few a games back in the day and I suspect that hasn’t changed with the younger generation.

#26 9 months ago