Battlefield 4 crash and freeze issues to be fixed as identified

Sunday, 3rd November 2013 23:34 GMT By Brenna Hillier

In a state of the game update, DICE has detailed which Battlefield 4 issues are top of its priorities list, starting with crashes and freezing.

In a Battlelog update, DICE said there are “a number of bugs” that it is “actively working on”, listing those it is prioritising.

“Players on all formats have been experiencing game crashes and freezes while playing. We have logs of the most frequently occurring client crashes, and we are actively working to Obliterate the cause of these crashes in upcoming updates,” the developer said.

DICE has already released an update hoping to quash server-side crashes on PC, and has a title update coming for client side-issues.

Since the post was made on Friday, DICE has also identified platform-agnostic server crashes, and has a fix in the works.

Check the post for the latest updates on the developer’s progress, but at time of writing DICE was investigating loss of multiplayer progress, single-player save file corruption and missing promotional items.

It has fixes inbound for audio bugs and the reset progress bug, and is rolling out an update for PC server queues.

“We are working on a PC client patch at the moment and hope to release it soon. We will share the patch notes once we have the patch contents finalized. The main focus is to fix as many crashes as possible, starting with the issues affecting a large number of players,” DICE said.

Four server updates have been released so far.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. Droid

Enjoying the game, but yeah it sure is buggy. Think I’ve had just about every issue they’ve spoken about. Very broken at the moment, which surprises me as the beta ran fine on my ancient pc. :( Hope they hurry up with the patches.

#1 1 year ago
  2. xxJPRACERxx

The worse bug is when the server crash, you lose all your points and unlocks. Client crash is bad too but less dramatic. At least they’re working on it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon

^While I know you are an alt account (no z in joe musashi), that line cracked me up :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. Brenna Hillier

@Dragon had to delete him, he was spamming a bunch of threads.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dragon

@Brenna,
    Surely you weren’t here yesterday were you? ;)

And many more. Just see the forums.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

No, I wasn’t. It was Sunday. You’ll notice that on Mondays I spend a lot of time banning and deleting a lot of spammers and trolls. That’s because that’s a day I get paid to give 0.0003% of a shit about the endless flame wars.

#6 1 year ago
  7. GrimRita

So the question is – ‘how the hell didn’t they pick this up during testing/beta?’

#7 1 year ago
  8. Ink_To_Flames

Seems people are having multiple problems… this is funny though: http://www.itfgaming.com/opinions/battlefield-4-saved-game-glitch-upon-time-playing-game-now-im-rewriting-song/

#8 1 year ago
  9. KineticCalvaria

@6, I love the enthusiasm that the staff on VG247 have for their jobs! It’s really professional and so awesome for us readers to see! :).

#9 1 year ago
  10. Legendairyboss

#10 1 year ago
  11. monkeygourmet

I know. I honestly don’t get it sometimes. I think most of the staff need to come and do a week in another job to get some perspective.

Im looking for staff at the moment… hint hint…

#11 1 year ago
  12. KineticCalvaria

@11, Yeah I got headbutted in the face the other week in my job, I think banning a few sodding fanboys is a lot less stressful.

#12 1 year ago
  13. monkeygourmet

I know it’s all subjective, but you’re right, this:

“Yeah I got headbutted in the face the other week in my job”

I think sometimes, it’s good to have a reality check.

#13 1 year ago