Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty! gets 9 new screens and website

Friday, 1st November 2013 11:48 GMT By Dave Cook

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty! developer Just Add Water has posted nine new screens from its HD remake online, showing many of the world’s outdoor stages and cut-scenes. The studio has also opened the game’s official website.

If you’re an Oddworld fan, you might enjoy my massive ‘making of’ Abe’s Oddysee interview with Oddworld Inhabitants co-founder Lorne Lanning. It’s full of insight into the anti-establishment and political themes in the game, and details of several canned projects.

I also spoke with Just Add Water this year about what it might do after Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty launches, and what it may do with ‘those’ unreleased games.

You’ll find the Oddworld website here, and the screens are below.

What do you think?

The game’s coming to PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, PC, Mac and Linux.

1. Gheritt White

WANT WANT WANT

#1 9 months ago
  2. DSB

You can really never have too much Oddworld.

Hey Lorne! Take my moolah. The spruce must flow!

/Gamespeak

#2 9 months ago
  3. Gekidami

So they’ve given Abe 4 fingers again?

#3 9 months ago
  4. fearmonkey

Looks great, I’m looking forward to my signed poster!

#4 9 months ago
  5. Ali

Fantastic…

#5 9 months ago
  6. TheWulf

I love seeing HD remakes of old games as it reminds me of how tremendously odd they once were. I’ve been buying everything that JAW has put out, as it does make me happy.

Now I’m thinking of how much I’d love a Little Big Adventure HD thingy.

#6 9 months ago
  7. DSB

No. No. Nonononono. NO. NO. NO THEWULF.

Fuck off. You can’t have LBA. LBA is MINE.

You can have bowel cancer, I want the blood parasites.

I still have the old “huge big 90′s” box for LBA 2, and I could’ve sworn I saved the one for LBA 1 as well.

Either way, drop it. Find something else. You’re not gonna ruin this for me.

#7 9 months ago
  8. Liberty Cabbage

Ah, you can always tell a Dave Cook article because it’s always “my”, not “our”.

“You might enjoy my interview with…” not “You might enjoy our interview with..”.

“I also did this…” not “We also did this…”.

Just an observation.

Dead excited for Oddworld, but.

#8 9 months ago