Killer Instinct Xbox One: Orchid and Spinal revealed

Friday, 1st November 2013 08:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Killer Instinct developer Double Helix has revealed two returning combatants for its Xbox One brawler. It’s Orchid and Spinal. Applaud now.

The characters were revealed during an exclusive IGN Twitch stream that is watermarked up the wazoo so I won’t embed it here because I’m not a dick (honest). If you want to watch it you can do so here.

They’ve also got a teaser showing off even more of their moves here.

Orchid’s a balletic fighter, with lots of disorientating moves and is fast like the dickens, while Spinal only gets a quick reveal at the end of the second clip.

What do you think of Orchid’s skills?

Killer Instinct hits Xbox One on November 22.

Thanks to NeoGAF for the tip and the image above.

1. fengato

As a KI fan from SNES days, I’m not digging it. Feels like a generic rip-off of SFIV (ugly overrated game.) The beauty of KI back in the day was that the visuals were truly mind blowing (esp the arcade.) Can’t say the same about this. Whilst I’m griping – I wish they wouldn’t angle the camera around on every 3D based 2D fighter. Takes me out of it.

#1 10 months ago
  2. DarkElfa

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/01/killer-instinct-orchid-and-spinal-rewind-theater Try that link, better preview of the two.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Arcnail

Huh.. that teaser looks actually pretty cool.

#3 10 months ago
  4. lexph3re

I actually didn’t like the way she played. It seemed like they were trying to hard to make it go to her new beat and honestly I don’t like her new song. Spinal on the other hand is nice for a teaser but where does that leave us?

Jago, Saberwolff, Spider chick, Orchid, Glacius, Spinal, Thunder. So that’s one character spot left and its more then likely Fulgore. That’s disappointing because I really need some TJ combo in my life. For a start up line up it’s not to my liking personally.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Unknown_Gamer

@5 Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- ( and Bloody Roar 5 PS4 announcement hopefully soon ) will make this piece of crap SF IV Clone forgettable !

#5 10 months ago
  6. Arcnail

Did they say how much it would cost per character beyond that initial free one?

#6 10 months ago
  7. antraxsuicide

@7 They’ll be $5 a piece, or $20 for all of them.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Major Mayhem 70

I’ll be spending $20 for all of them. The game is gorgeous and appears to play quite well.

Bloody Roar was my game back in the days. I liked the charecter “Alice”. A female that transformed into a kickass rabbit. Hope Sony finds some way to bring this title up to date.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Opalauge

There will be no Bloody Roar 5. The rumor was a fake!

#9 10 months ago
  10. Dark

Yeah PS4 has GG Xrd and also a new fighting IP from the same dev.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Unknown_Gamer

@11 Are you talking about the 2011 rumor from the fake twitter account ?
    NOPE , Its happening sooner than you thought and hopefully soon
    The Dev team behind this game isn’t dead yet .

#11 10 months ago
  12. pcbros

This game was actually a lot of fun. It was one of the few games I played more than once at E3. If you like fighting games, you have to at least try it. I’m just waiting for Fulgore and TJ Combo to be revealed :)

Killer Instinct, Blazblue, King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Smash Bros and Virtua Fighter are my favorite fighting games series. New IPs always welcomed.

#12 10 months ago
  13. BlondOverBlue

As a fan of the original two games, I wasn’t really liking this reboot at first. It still feels, as other have mentioned, a generic rework of SSFIV. It’s undeniable as it’s very splashy, over-the-top when it comes to animations and such. It simply doesn’t “feel” like KI. I’m still not 100% sold on the game.

Orchid was/is my favorite character from the series and I was on pins and needles awaiting her reveal. I wasn’t excited about how the previous revealed characters looked, so I was cringing what they’d do to Orchid.

They seem to have put a LOT of effort, love, and respect into her. They got her “right” from how she looks, sounds, and fights. She looks awesome!

Spinal too looks like a lot of care and thought was put into him as well; can’t wait to see how he plays.

It’s a foregone conclusion the “classic” roster will eventually be: Orchid, Jago, Fulgore, Saberwulf, Thunder, Spinal, Glacius, Cinder, Riptor, TJ Combo, Maya, Tusk, Kim Wu. Add in Sadira and any other new characters, but the question remains if Eyedol and Gargos will be playable.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Doppleganger

Oh boy does PS4 look worse and worse everyday! These games are just amazing!

Bloody Roar…….LOL Oh god PS4 has no games… thats so sad.

#14 10 months ago