Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, Soul Sacrifice free on PlayStation Plus in North America in November

Thursday, 31st October 2013 17:35 GMT By Phil Owen

The PlayStation Blog has revealed the lineup of games coming to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection for North America in November, and there’s something for every Sony Platform including the PS4.

First off, the PS4 will get Housemarque’s Resogun and indie title Contrast on launch day. The PS3 is getting Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, Ibb & Obb and Binary Domain (which is very underappreciated). The Vita gets Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and Soul Sacrifice.

Now, if you have PS+ but won’t have a PS4 for a while after launch, so you can add Resogun and Contrast to your account anyway via the Sony Entertainment Network webstore once they’re added to the Collection.

1. stamps79

Yes, i just found a reason to re-sub for PS+ and to keep my PS3 just a bit longer, DD I’m looking at you. My PSVita will be happy with Soul Sacrifice, I just played the demo the other day and was planning on buying it this year. =)

#1 11 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

Oh my on par with EU mostly, SCEA getting serious.

#2 11 months ago
  3. fearmonkey

Meanwhile Xbox owners get free copies of Iron Brigade and A world of keflings………

MS just doesnt get it.

#3 11 months ago
  4. polygem

early adopters of playstation games are getting screwed – again! outrage! such a rip off!

but seriously, the more i think of it the better i feel about picking up a ps4 at launch without any retail games…i am a ps+ subscriber, they will come anyway- i just have to wait.

ps+ is kinda strange in that regard, you are indeed kind of screwed if you buy a lot of games and are buying them early. i wish there would be a selection of games that you can choose from, this way i would actually BUY more playstation games. i am actually often waiting because of plus.

i am not really complaining. just saying….

#4 11 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Lol, Soul Sacrifice! I knew it! :)

Just do a rental service Sony and be done with it. £20 a month, unlimited access to any titles while you subscribe.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Dragon

Great deal on Soul Sacrifice .

#6 11 months ago
  7. Obernox

@4 yeah, i literally bought Soul Sacrifice a month ago for $30 :( No regrets though, amazing game with an amazing story.

@3 Iron Brigade is one of the best tower defense games i’ve ever played, i highly recommend it.

#7 11 months ago
  8. polygem

@5 yes, i want exactly that, unlimited access or at least being able to choose which games i want to pick. i still believe that’s where ps+ needs to go to.
    something like music unlimited for games. no shit, i’d pay up to 100€ a month for an unlimited access games rental service.

@dragon: “i am not really complaining. just saying”
    not saying ps + is crap, only pointing out that i believe that it’s time for the next step.

heyyy #6, that got stealth edited!!! no problem though

#8 11 months ago
  9. Dragon

^Not interested in saying that. Do whatever you like.

#9 11 months ago
  10. xino

couldn’t even get into DD:/

#10 11 months ago
  11. xFidelCashflow

That’s what I was waiting for. I wasn’t sure if I’d still be able to get the PS4 PS+ games without the PS4. I’m gonna hold out until Infamous releases. Gives me time to pick up a Vita too. 2014 is gonna be a helluva year.

#11 11 months ago
  12. polygem

@9: fair enough :)
    again dragon, now speaking in a more general way, no hate man. we disagree about a lot of things A LOT but it’s just a games page. all good.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Ireland Michael

@7 It is really that good? I keep hearing about it, and that it also has a crap load of content, but other bigger titles keep getting in the way of me purchasing it.

Pitch it to me. Convince me to buy it! =P

#13 11 months ago
  14. polygem

@13: it didn’t really click with me tbh. it’s definitely a good game but i found it very repetitive. some really seem to love it though.

#14 11 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

It has a lot of content (Pacts, side-story and story) and a lot of free content, Soundtrack is top notch in the emotional, epic and dark department. Story has its frills. Though be warned some pacts are very hard and your going to need patience to conquer it if you aren’t online of course. Online is basically the pacts DLC or otherwise, which makes harder pacts more simple depending on how experienced everyone else in the team is.

Some issues for example the AI, can’t rely on them to help you if your down in harder pacts because they will get interrupted. But there is a demo on the store where progress is transferable and you have the full chapter 1 to play, try before you buy.

Ah Poly you disappoint me your usually better at marketing products, step up your game :)

#15 11 months ago
  16. polygem

“Ah Poly you disappoint me your usually better at marketing products, step up your game ”

i am very sorry about it but i have yet to find a must play vita game.

persona4golden is pretty rad but i lost interest half way through. too much of the high school-sim parts for my taste.

guacamelee is fun but again, it just didn’t click with me. haven’t finished it yet.

hotline miami is pure awesomeness from start to finish but it’s better on ps3.

sly cooper is solid but unfortunately not as great as it could have been.

gravity rushs controls turned me off after the first 2 hours. i never came back.

golden abyss is average through and through which is exactly how i feel about the vita.

for indies on the go it’s ace though!

the vita is nice…but i enjoyed the psp so much more. i’d recommend buying a psp :)

#16 11 months ago
  17. Ireland Michael

@16 I already own like like three dozens PSP games, so no problems there. <3 Probably my favourite format of the last generation. So many great games.

Thanks for the information people. I will definitely check out the demo. Didn't even realise there was one, not sure how it escaped my attention.

#17 11 months ago
  18. polygem

psp was such a great system. i was so wowed by it at launch. i was litrally addicted to it in it’s first years :)

#18 11 months ago
  19. JimFear-666

does dragon dogma dark arisen come with the 1st dragon dogma?

#19 11 months ago
  20. Ireland Michael

@20 It basically is the first game, just with additional end game content.

#20 11 months ago
  21. RussellGorall

Poly, you are asking Sony to let you pick out a different ten games so many months? That is called Gamefly.

I would much rather see FREE MP3 SUPPORT at PS4 launch.

#21 11 months ago
  22. freedoms_stain

Damn, jealous of Soul Sacrifice, was actually pretty gutted when Strangers Wrath HD came up for the EU PS+ Vita cus I completed the PS3 version only a few months ago.

#22 11 months ago
  23. Playmaker

I’m getting XB1 but this is where Sony shines over MSFT. Games with Gold JUST started and it’s not as good as Sony’s promotions. Binary Domain is underrated although the game acting is terrible.

Was wishing Soul Sacrifice was coming to PS3/4.

#23 11 months ago
  24. fihar

Is Binary Domain any good?
    I’m keen on trying the voice command thing but if it’s just another cover-based TPS, I’ll pass.

#24 11 months ago
  25. freedoms_stain

@26, yeah, it’s mostly a cover based TPS.

I found the voice recognition shit (although I’m Scottish and the accent might have played its part) and played with it off.

The game itself is fine and if you look past some of the shonky voice acting and ridiculous racial/national stereotyping there’s a decent story in there in the latter half of the game too.

It does suffer from a lot of the things that typically suck in games of the genre though, horrible useless, frequently detrimental to your experience friendly AI probably being the worst.

#25 11 months ago
  26. fihar

Huh, seems to be a little bit too by-the-numbers for my taste. I already have Dark Arisen though so might still try it anyways if the story is good.

#26 11 months ago