There is a Heavenly Sword movie, and this is its trailer

Wednesday, 30th October 2013 20:55 GMT By Phil Owen

Today I learned there is a computer-animated Heavenly Sword movie — based on the story in the game — that stars Anna Torv (from Fringe and also the Heavenly Sword game), Alfred Molina (from everything) and Thomas Jane (The Mist). The trailer is below.

[joke about that being real-time, in-engine footage from Heavenly Sword 2 on PS4]. Movie is out in June on disc.

1. YoungZer0

Andy is not involved? Outrageous. He was the best part about the game.

Just watch his performance in this scene: http://youtu.be/JwPPp1rDtDo?t=13m50s

#1 1 year ago
  2. Judicas

Should say Thomas Jane (The Punisher) imo, since that was his best performance :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. dizzygear

“Directed by Uwe Boll”

#3 1 year ago
  4. SplatteredHouse

Heavenly Sword is an interesting choice for a game movie, since while I played, it regularly left the impression of a movie-like flow and progression. Nariko returns, and it would be a good thing to see her in new adventures, down the line – if Sony were interested in that.

The funny thing is though, that for a video compiled to promote the feature, I was still no more aware of the movie’s release date by the time I had reached its conclusion. Not until I returned my focus here, and spotted the sliver of text just under the gaping stream window did I find that out. What sort of trailer doesn’t inform its audience about when its subject will be available!

#4 1 year ago
  5. DSB

Thomas Jane was terrible in The Punisher :P

I’m surprised he actually seemed like a person in Hung. Maybe he’s just good at playing a jock. Kinda like the dude from Highlander.

He did Highlander and then in everything else, he was the dude from Highlander who was pretty fucking shit in everything else.

#5 1 year ago
  6. fihar

At least Torv is still in.
    The only Fringe team members I’ve seen recently is Noble in his charming guest stint in The Good Wife. I don’t want them to be out of work.

Anyway, it’s nice that they’re keeping this CG. Never played the game but I watched a friend played this a couple of times, it looks pretty.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

I don’t see why they’re just retelling the story of the game. They had ideas for a sequel. Why not make that the movie?

#7 1 year ago
  8. spoffle

That looks terrible (visually) for a movie. I hope it’s just pre-produciton footage.

#8 1 year ago